• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Sydney Grade Cricket Thread

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Couple of moves from out Campbelltown...

Last years star, Jarrad Burke has moved back to Penrith.. He Started at Campbelltown then went to Penrith then came back to Campbelltown now has gone back to Penrith... He will be a huge loss... Im tipping him to play for NSW this year.. Mot likely ING Cup..

Former captain Brett Van Deisen has gone to Bankstown..

Both are big blows to Campbelltown but with last years Green Shield side winning the competition, hopefully a few of the young guys will step up...

Phatphanak and Hayward have to step up I can reveal ND's fast bowler of 10 years and 3 years best first grade player in a row has signed with Mosman

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Pathanak is one freakish kid... I remember watching him when he was 12 and it was amazing.. His strokeplay was crazy for a kid that age, and if i didnt know how old he was i would've sworn he was at least 16-17... If he handles the step up which i think he will he will be a huge asset.. Definatley has NSW and Possibly future Australian writen all over him...

yeh Phathanak is an absolute freak and hayward is pretty quick they will probably be in 1st grade this year joined possibly by scott coyte brother adam who is an absolute freak as well very quick and a very good bat campbelltown are producing some very good cricketers.

The Crowds depends at one Manly game last year under lights I think they got 7-10 thousand but at some matches you just see maybe 100-200

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
David Warner averaged mid 50's this year i think i saw somewhere, he could well get a rookie contract next season.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
AussieDominance said:
The Crowds depends at one Manly game last year under lights I think they got 7-10 thousand but at some matches you just see maybe 100-200

Indeed alot of these games you wont get much more then family and friends of players, but at some you do get quite a few, they could certainly be marketed more effectively.

brockley

International Captain
Wouldn't be surprised to see mark higgs,graeme rummans, and nathan pilon back in sydney grade next year,stgeorge are chasing pilon and rummans,and higgs was tipped to come back to NSW 12 months previous.Anyone know if shaun heaney will stick with the saints next year,hope so.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Pilon would be a good get for St George, would almost certainly get some gametime with the Blues this year when Haddin is playing for Australia.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
I know a guy who has played with Smith and he thinks hes an idiot (not his words but you get the point) so i would go for Pilon.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:
Pathanak is one freakish kid... I remember watching him when he was 12 and it was amazing.. His strokeplay was crazy for a kid that age, and if i didnt know how old he was i would've sworn he was at least 16-17... If he handles the step up which i think he will he will be a huge asset.. Definatley has NSW and Possibly future Australian writen all over him...
Ive played againast him three times.

Once in emerging blues and scored 50 and retired before i could even come on
Second time he scored 156, with the only reason he got out was due to cramping.
Third time i think he scored either 199 or 200 but was dropped twice.

Not fun bowling to him.

Also have faced Hayward which was quite scary. I didnt wear a helmet to look cool and i remember him eyeing me up with glee

Also faced the former fastest u13yr old in Australia last year. Even though im much older he was bloody fast

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
I know a guy who has played with Smith and he thinks hes an idiot (not his words but you get the point) so i would go for Pilon.
Which smith are we talking about. I know a steve smith who plays for Sutherland

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
AussieDominance said:
i played emerging blues for north who did you play for? and who was the fastest under 13?
I forget his name, it was either u13 or u12- cant quite remember

I played for Met East