• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is it the end for Tendulkar??

deeps

International 12th Man
Jono said:
I still remember having arguments with my awesome grade 4 teacher that Sachin was the best in the world, whilst he'd argue Steve Waugh was. :
Teacher is always right my friend ;)

Nishant

International 12th Man
After watching the west indies series...i have to say that tendulkar is needed. I know that india did well at home, but they lack experience when it comes to overseas matches. The world cup in the the west indies and surely, unless the likes of Raina and Pathan do something to improve their techniques on slow piches, Tendulkar must be recalled.

REMEMBER: india are now considering pathan as another batman.

Nishant

International 12th Man
By the way, i think Raina will be dropped for tendulkar once he is fit. I'm sorry, but it was just irresponsibe the way he played in the west indies series. You can't just sat that its youth....Dhoni is young as well and he seemed to improve by the end of the tour. Raina IMO did not.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yes, Raina must be replaced. I keep going back to my idea of having a minimum of two years of domestic experience before anyone can be considered for selection. You should have at least some first class expereince to draw on in a pressure situation at the international level. I find it ludicrous that India uses test matches as a way to teach people the game.

By the time you earn a test cap, you should be a proven performer. I think Raina has a great future. He can bat well and he is an outstanding fielder. But he needs to go back and get experience for about two-three years. If he can be consistent there, then he should be selected for India A and tour with the team overseas. After it is proven that he can also perform overseas against higher level competition, then and only then should he be recalled. By then he would be like 22-23, and I think thats about right.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
I think Raina is ready for international one-day cricket, but he's too ripe for test cricket. It's good that we have batting depth in the form of Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Yuvraj and Kaif so they don't get compelled to throw Raina in there. Raina should and will continue to play domestic cricket, but there is a long offseason for that and I think Raina could mean a lot for India's WC chances ... so we can't just send him back to let him develop at the moment.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is good. :D

Nothing, nothing more enjoyable than seeing someone you worried was finished come back to something fairly near to his best.

Near enough everyone was sure he was going to go, from one form or even both, early last year... and now a year down the line he's still going good as ever in both. Several Greigies here, but I'd guess most would be happy enough about 'em.

The few Lara and Inzamam predictions were spot-on, mind.