• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ahmed on fire! Great to see a Bangladeshi batsman standing up, I really want them to do well.

Langeveldt

Soutie
"It's apparent Zimbabwe is going through a difficult time," Speed explained

:laugh: I heard the ICC have announced a nomination for the next round of board elections

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Shahadat Hossain gets an Hattrick.. what a legend.. he desereved it in the last match tooo but fell short of it.. but this time he got it.. good man..

Dravid

International Captain
What a match...A classic...Saf v Aus all over again..Its proven again that anything is possible in cricket...last ball 6 to win the match

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Is this being shown anywhere? Supersport in SA usually show all the cricket thats on but despite the hundreds of thousands of Zimabawe immigrants there is nothing being shown here.

Sounds like it was a classic, would have liked to have seen it.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Goughy said:
Is this being shown anywhere? Supersport in SA usually show all the cricket thats on but despite the hundreds of thousands on Zimabawe immigrants there is nothing being shown here.

Sounds like it was a classic, would have liked to have seen it.
Star Sports Asia is showing it. Was able to catch the whole of last 7 ballls:) .

Taylor's refusal for singles needed guts and in the end it paid off.

Rifat

Cricket Spectator
Shahadat has the potential to become one of the best in the world, great hattrick, there has been only 21 hattricks in the history of ODI cricket

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Awesome win by Zimbabwe. Never looked like they are going to win the match. Last over changed everything. Thrilling match.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Zimbabwe win a cricket match (or two even), rather disconcerting for Bangladesh mind.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
TT Boy said:
Good to see Zimbabwe win a cricket match (or two even), rather disconcerting for Bangladesh mind.

Very disconcerting for Bangladesh. I have been a supporter of Bangladesh being admitted into Test cricket, but if they can't even win a series aganist Zimbabwe...well then how much have they improved anyway?

Langeveldt

Soutie
I've never supported Bangladesh's promotion to the top flight, but I also thought Zimbabwe should be demoted from ODI cricket, so not sure what to make of this one! Brilliant stuff from Zimbabwe though, their fighting spirit is one reason I previously supported them, and we haven't seen that kind of fight since WC1999.. I Hope this inspires them to romp home in this series, and maybe to look towards the future for once..

Chubb

International Regular
Brilliant!

Though Brendan deserves every plaudit he gets (I always knew he had it in him despite the concrete boots), the bowlers also have to be congratulated for hauling the Banglas back in, and Tawanda for sticking it out with him. Now Zim should clinch the series and prove they're not gone yet. They're showing some good old fashioned Zimbok qualities, but despite that they are still a shadow of their former selves.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Chubb said:
Brilliant!

Though Brendan deserves every plaudit he gets (I always knew he had it in him despite the concrete boots), the bowlers also have to be congratulated for hauling the Banglas back in, and Tawanda for sticking it out with him. Now Zim should clinch the series and prove they're not gone yet. They're showing some good old fashioned Zimbok qualities, but despite that they are still a shadow of their former selves.
Agreed, its all about overcoming adversity and performing to more than double the sum of your parts :)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Very disconcerting for Bangladesh. I have been a supporter of Bangladesh being admitted into Test cricket, but if they can't even win a series aganist Zimbabwe...well then how much have they improved anyway?
no point in asking that question really, they are in the international arena for ever...i've never been a supporter, but i've stopped asking any questions...at some point in the indeterminate future, they should come good....