• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 7-21 of May

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
:laugh: :laugh: now you are being funny Jason:)
Laugh all you like Archie :) , but you guys better start preparing flat track turners for Warne because otherwise, I am certain the English seamers will out do the ageing pidgeon and the others ( Lee/Bracken/Clark and co.) come the Ashes .

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Pulp Fiction was not Oscar worthy.

Besides, Tom Hanks >>> Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta combined.
Incidentally, Tarantino is also waaaay over-rated.
Samuel L Jackson and John Travolta would never stoop to taking a role in "You've Got Mail".

That is all.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Pulp Fiction was not Oscar worthy.

Besides, Tom Hanks >>> Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta combined.
Incidentally, Tarantino is also waaaay over-rated.
At the risk of taking this thread waaaaaay off topic...

How on Earth was it not Oscar-Worthy? Wait... define what is Oscar worthy?

And LOL @ Volty.

Hanks can't dance like Travola either. :cool:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
And might I add, John Travolta's role in the "Look Who's Talking" movies cannot be knocked - they were a quirky outlook on life from a conceptually-fresh perspective. :D

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Voltman said:
And might I add, John Travolta's role in the "Look Who's Talking" movies cannot be knocked - they were a quirky outlook on life from a conceptually-fresh perspective. :D
THB, Travolta should have been voicing the baby, with the same attitude of his character in Saturday Night Fever.

pasag

RTDAS
Pulp Fiction would never ever win the Oscar, regardless of the competition and so too Forrest Gump would always win the Oscar regardless of the competion. Its the way the Academy is set up, it is corrupt and highly penatrable. The best movie seldom wins these days.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Eh, if Pulp wasn't going to get it, surely Shawshank could have. I don't mind Forrest Gump, but its really not THAT good.

I didn't have a problem with Tom Hanks winning best actor, but surely Travolta deserved to win it alone for his return to the dance floor in Pulp Fiction after 15-20 years. :cool:

pasag

RTDAS
I thought Samuel was better that Travolta. If not for that Ezekiel 25:17 quote which goes down as one of the best scenes in history.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
pasag said:
I thought Samuel was better that Travolta. If not for that Ezekiel 25:17 quote which goes down as one of the best scenes in history.
So do most people, since its probably Samuel's career defining role, but I guess they figured Samuel was a 'supporting actor' whereas Travolta was the lead actor. Its a film which was much harder to define who is the lead and who is supporting for obvious reasons. But generally, considering Travolta was in more scenes you'd say he was in the leading role.

Samuel's best moment is the final scene in the restaurant though. That is just brilliant.

pasag

RTDAS
I guess Travolta had the scene with Uma Thurman, but then Jackson had the last scene in the resteraunt so I think they had almost equal screen time. Whatever, its all brilliant and leagues ahead of anything else. Ever.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I remember watching Pulp Fiction when it 1st came out and really thinking it was so overrated. I beleive I was drunk or something at the time.

However, it has got better every time I have watched it.

Much prefered the Bruce Willis scenes to the Travolta and Jackson ones. Their script seemed far too over engineered and trying too hard to be clever.

Anyway, back on topic. Congrats to all winners.
BTW, where is Richard? He inspires me to post and I cant see myself winning any awards until he moistens my creative juices.

archie mac

International Coach
Goughy said:
I remember watching Pulp Fiction when it 1st came out and really thinking it was so overrated. I beleive I was drunk or something at the time.

However, it has got better every time I have watched it.

Much prefered the Bruce Willis scenes to the Travolta and Jackson ones. Their script seemed far too over engineered and trying too hard to be clever.

Anyway, back on topic. Congrats to all winners.
BTW, where is Richard? He inspires me to post and I cant see myself winning any awards until he moistens my creative juices.
Richard goes AWOL quite often, sometimes for months at a time :)

What about SJS? and Slow Love?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
How on Earth was it not Oscar-Worthy? Wait... define what is Oscar worthy?
This sums up Oscar-worthy:
pasag said:
Pulp Fiction would never ever win the Oscar, regardless of the competition and so too Forrest Gump would always win the Oscar regardless of the competion. Its the way the Academy is set up, it is corrupt and highly penatrable. The best movie seldom wins these days.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voltman said:
Did anyone else throw up in their mouth just a little bit after reading that?
I'm sickened.

Does anyone else have sound effects in their head? Sort of a squishing...

And i'm out.