• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flintoff v Botham the better allrounder - poll

Flintoff V Botham - who is the better allrounder

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tooextracool

International Coach
Goughy said:
Botham was, despite the headlines and bravado, a very classical and techincally proficient player. Far more technical than Flintoff is or ever could be.
Cant say that ive had the chance to watch Botham's techique extensively, but what would you say is wrong with Flintoff's technique? The only flaw that i see is that he plays with hard hands and that gets him into trouble sometimes especially against the spinners, but other than there really arent too many other technical aspects of his game that he really needs to improve. He plays with a very straight bat and is compact on both front and back foot as well as in attack or defense.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
Cant say that ive had the chance to watch Botham's techique extensively, .
Congratulations !! This is the first time you have accepted that you have not had the chance to watch Botham's technique extensively hence you couldn't argue.
:wacko: :wacko:

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
Congratulations !! This is the first time you have accepted that you have not had the chance to watch Botham's technique extensively hence you couldn't argue.
:wacko: :wacko:
I've never claimed to have watched anyone pre 1992 extensively. and the discussion that i was getting at was not about Botham but about Flintoff.