• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

thundaboult

International Debutant
Ind vs NZ warm-up in about 6 and a half hours now. Let's see if New Zealand can avoid a beatdown because recent history is not in our favor against the blue bleeders.

Jezroy

State Captain
Always hard to tell from warm up games how things are looking. Also... NZ generally suck in warm up games.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I have seen/heard so many podcasts about England’s build yo to the World Cup. Very little about ours.
Guess we're back to the whole flying under the radar thing? It's a bit disappointing considering the amount of backing and goodwill the side enjoyed in 2015.

Really don't know what to make of NZ's chances. Like most others here feel they're being a bit overrated by non-NZ fans most of whom who have them pegged as semifinalists. But then there have been worse NZ sides (2011, arguably 1999) who've done well for themselves in the tournament.

Last edited:

thundaboult

International Debutant
^ ehhh its status quo. That's where they feel their most comfortable, low-key and underdogs. My heart wants New zealand to absolutely boss it. But my mind says that Stead will wind up playing southee, cdg, munro consistently and we will get smacked. Reaching the semi-finals will be an impressive feat for us. And if they do, they've "punched above their weight" yet again. Yayyy, status-quo lol

Borges

International Regular
Final: easy; New Zealand vs South Africa
Winner: much harder to predict; If have to pick one, New Zealand with their noses in front.
Man of the tournament: King Kane.

The Hutt Rec

Guess we're back to the whole flying under the radar thing? It's a bit disappointing considering the amount of backing and goodwill the side enjoyed in 2015.

Really don't know what to make of NZ's chances. Like most others here feel they're being a bit overrated by non-NZ fans most of whom who have them pegged as semifinalists. But then there have been worse NZ sides (2011, arguably 1999) who've done well for themselves in the tournament.
I've seen a few in the overseas media saying we're big chances of winning and listing Southee as one of our big guns. Makes you wonder how much the experts really follow some sides.

thundaboult

International Debutant
^ They dont, Especially when it comes to nz, Only a select few have actually watched or noticed enough to urge a henry or ferguson selection ahead of southee. 90% of them are basing southee's current form on the 7 wickets he took against eng 4 years ago lol. But when it comes to answering what kohli had from breakfast a week ago they have all their notes ready.

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

^ They dont, Especially when it comes to nz, Only a select few have actually watched or noticed enough to urge a henry or ferguson selection ahead of southee. 90% of them are basing southee's current form on the 7 wickets he took against eng 4 years ago lol
Tbh most media in NZ are guilty of the same thing, so I can't really criticise the overseas ones much.

Can't believe they're using DRS for this game lol.