• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Which NZer will win the CPL in this NZ-soaked season?

Taylor McCullum Guptill Munro Philips Sodhi De Grandhomme?? Anyone from the core of the NZ T20 side? No.

Devcich v Ronchi

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
For me, an interesting quirk I was thinking about with Raval in the A tour squad.

Jeet Raval has not played an overseas test yet.

He has also missed all A tours so far during his 29 years. Plus he missed his U19 world cup due to exam committments.

So until the last month, the only overseas competitive cricket he has played was an NZ U19 tour to England back in 2008.

Now he is jamming in a stint for Yorkshire, then the A tour to UAE. Before his first overseas test also in the UAE.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone know if NZ are ever going to play a Test series again? I swear we were scheduled to play Pakistan in the UAE around this time, or did David White cancel that in exchange for a 7 match T20 series against Bangladesh later in the NZ summer?

So ****** depressing to see Sri Lanka and the West Indies still managing to play test series.

I might cynically call NZ cricket tomorrow and ask if NZ are ever going to play a Test series again.

Mike5181

International Captain
Anyone know if NZ are ever going to play a Test series again? I swear we were scheduled to play Pakistan in the UAE around this time, or did David White cancel that in exchange for a 7 match T20 series against Bangladesh later in the NZ summer?

So ****** depressing to see Sri Lanka and the West Indies still managing to play test series.

I might cynically call NZ cricket tomorrow and ask if NZ are ever going to play a Test series again.
4 tests in 18-19 months. Surprised it hasn't been a bigger story in NZ but that probably just shows the disinterest in the sport.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NZ Summer Watch

First the tour of UAE this Oct-Nov-Dec (mostly November)

Then SL come over for a short multi format series

India then show up for an LO monster

And the summer ends with the Bangladeshis

As of now, that seems to be all until the World Cup.

8 tests. Not bad compared to what's been happening recently. Will try and catch most of KW's batting, at least.

Days of Grace

International Captain
**** me, it seems like Sri Lanka has come over for a test series every season for the last twenty years.

Bangladesh three test series is going to be a hard sell as well.

Are India ever gonna play a test match in New Zealand again or nah?

Moan over.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
**** me, it seems like Sri Lanka has come over for a test series every season for the last twenty years.

Bangladesh three test series is going to be a hard sell as well.

Are India ever gonna play a test match in New Zealand again or nah?

Moan over.
2019/20 will be the season that we get all our Christmas' at once (and then never again) with test series against England, Australia and India.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
End of the County season, Henry finishes top of the D2 wicket taking charts, another steady year for Jeets (who's FC wicket haul has now surpassed 800 - if he keeps playing for Wellington he'll have an outside sniff at 1000), some wickets for Ferguson, and a merciful conclusion to a truly agonising county debut by Raval. Not since Wagner's debut in the 2014 county season has an NZ cricketer looked so totally out of their depth in England. Not saying it should have any immediate impact on his selection for NZ, but he needs to put some runs up soon for NZ if he's to avoid having his 2016/17 season look like a purple patch.

vandem

International 12th Man
I think Henry's 75 wickets the highest for a Kiwi in a English season since Hadlee in the late 80s.

Jeets best 69 wickets in 2016

Chris Cairns best 56 wickets in 1992

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
What is the general consensus re Patel's career?

History will say he wasn't test quality, though would it be unjust for me to argue we never really knew?

Patel's CC numbers since 2014.

2014: 59 @ 26.3
2015: 58 @ 25.3
2016: 69 @ 24
2017: 41 @ 29.8
2018: 56 @ 22.7