• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Athlai to salivate over that video.

but seriously - some good turn there for him on the one caught at leg slip.

Meridio

International Regular
Two completely contrasting stories I've just read:
John Wright set to stay as Black Caps coach | Stuff.co.nz
Cricket: Wright set to quit at NZ coach - Sport - NZ Herald News
Don't know which to believe - NZ Herald one has been updated more recently, so maybe that.

Obviously, hope Wright stays - we do seem to be making progress in Tests, and while I think we've dropped off a bit in ODI/20-20s, I'm not overly fussed about that. We have a bit of a track record of losing good staff (see Allan Donald); would be disappointed if NZC aren't doing all they can to keep Wright.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Put this down to very bad blood between Wright and the Aussie influence in the NZC hierachy. Which Justin Vaughan appointed.

In other news, Stuff's gung-ho reporting serving them well again. Never mind the facts, have a guess and hope it sticks true.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So pretty soon we'll be looking for our 4th coach in as many years since Bracewell stepped down. Is this part of a theory where if we mimic Pakistan's administration of their team, our players will start mimicking their performances as well?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Wright had as good a feel for ODIs as Bracewell had - but like Meridio I didn't care. Good progress on the test match front was what mattered.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean, if getting along with John Buchanan is a key factor there's not many options outside of John Buchanan

Andre

International Regular
Buchanan is a clown - if it meant getting rid of him to keep Wright it should have been done.

Wright really improved them as a Test side; Buchanan is probably out the back trying to teach Vettori how to bowl right arm meds.

Poor result for NZ cricket.