• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
CdG hasn't bowled his last 5 matches.

Since his return from injury in January he has played 4 super smash games , didn't bowl.

Then 6 ford trophy games, bowled in the first 1 (just 4 overs), then not bowled in last 5.

Pretty obviously not fit to bowl atm.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh, and if NZC suits have a single brain cell between them. They will be trying to get Somerset switched to a game v Hampshire at the Rose Bowl instead.

But, you know they don't.
I'll give you a percentage chance that the BCCI would let that scenario happen. Zero. And we're naive if we think they can't control anything like that, and wouldn't control anything they can

Chewie

Ashley Bloomfield will be fronting today’s 1pm vaccine announcement, where he may face questions on a recent trip to the cricket.

Over the weekend, the director general of health was wined and dined by NZ Cricket in Wellington, where the organisation lobbied him to get our top cricketers vaccinated early.

“Dr Bloomfield attended the Black Caps game on Sunday 7 March in a private capacity and talked to NZ Cricket CEO David White while there. No formal discussions were held,” a spokesperson for the Ministry of Health said.
“Dr Bloomfield undertook to take the matter of players potentially being vaccinated prior to travel for consideration as part of planning for the Covid-19 vaccine rollout.”
We may know find out soon whether this request to Bloomfield has been taken up by the ministry. Tune in at 1pm.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Kinda agree with Burgey that this probably isn't a great thing for his development, but good for him. Just hope he gets a game or two and doesn't just sit on the bench for the entire season.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Kinda agree with Burgey that this probably isn't a great thing for his development, but good for him. Just hope he gets a game or two and doesn't just sit on the bench for the entire season.
Sharing a dressing room, doing training sessions, etc around the group of experienced professionals in the RCB is better for his development than playing the remaining Ford Trophy games IMO. He's mixing with legends of the game (AB/Virat as an example) and seeing how they train, how they think, etc will hopefully rub off on him, and improve his game.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's an incredible thing for Finn Allen's career. He may not play a game, but he is going to soak up a ****load of knowledge. Great thing for him and NZ cricket.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And sadly I think CdG has probably played his last game for NZ.

If he has, he leaves with some amazing feats for NZ. Test runs at 37 and bowling average of 31, strike rate of 110 in ODIs and 143 in T20Is, the six-for on Test debut, the 1-20 in a World Cup final, some of those match-winning ODI/T20 knocks...not bloody bad.

Moss

I think it's an incredible thing for Finn Allen's career. He may not play a game, but he is going to soak up a ****load of knowledge. Great thing for him and NZ cricket.
He must the first NZer to get an IPL contract before playing a single international game (assuming this means he has to miss the Bangladesh T20s)? Hesson really going all in on younger NZ picks, would be really cool if Allen gets some game time there.

Moss

And sadly I think CdG has probably played his last game for NZ.

If he has, he leaves with some amazing feats for NZ. Test runs at 37 and bowling average of 31, strike rate of 110 in ODIs and 143 in T20Is, the six-for on Test debut, the 1-20 in a World Cup final, some of those match-winning ODI/T20 knocks...not bloody bad.
If he’s fit for the tests in England surely he’ll be picked - the conditions suit him and the team is determined to have an allrounder at no.7. Beyond that, hard to say.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
He must the first NZer to get an IPL contract before playing a single international game (assuming this means he has to miss the Bangladesh T20s)? Hesson really going all in on younger NZ picks, would be really cool if Allen gets some game time there.
That's a good point, everyone else is missing the Bangers T20s so that's a disappointment.

How many players full stop have got an IPL contract before playing an international game, can't be many.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If he’s fit for the tests in England surely he’ll be picked - the conditions suit him and the team is determined to have an allrounder at no.7. Beyond that, hard to say.
I don't reckon he would be fit to bowl. He hasn't bowled all summer bar what, one over? Article said six weeks plus 2 more before he can bowls, that takes us up to May...Tests are in June, I just don't think you can trust that is going to play out that way. Better off playing Conway at 6, BJ at seven and playing four bowlers (although if the Rose Bowl is a dust bowl, not an ideal strategy).

Also part of me is saying this because I always get **** wrong and I want to be wrong.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
having combed through some auction list, Peter Handscomb got one in 2016 and Marcus Stoinis in 2015

Some guy named Aiden Blizzard got a gig with the Mumbai Indians as well. Truly in the footsteps of giants :ph34r: