• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Hutt is a separate city? Didn't realize it's at no.6. We know it's not a city as much as we claim so, it's just Wellington.
I think Christchurch were up in arms about being the third biggest city so got Wellington and the Hutt/Porirua separated somehow lol.

vandem

International 12th Man
https://twitter.com/PeteG_cricket/status/1255443792146161665
@PeteG_cricket

Australia Under-23 Women toured NZ in February 1996. CricketArchive has a scorecard for one match but nothing on 3 others. Does anyone know where I can get scorecards for those please?

Surely a question that CW is well placed to answer in these times
NZ cricket Almanack has summaries of the 3 games (batting scores > 20, bowling w wickets or more). Message me if this is useful.

Otherwise try to contact one of the editors for the almanac, I will message you some info.

If no luck then it might be possible for some stats nerd here to go into a library and see if there are scores in microfilm copies of local newspapers (NZ Herald for games 1 + 2, Dominion Post for game 3).

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
https://twitter.com/PeteG_cricket/status/1255443792146161665
@PeteG_cricket

Australia Under-23 Women toured NZ in February 1996. CricketArchive has a scorecard for one match but nothing on 3 others. Does anyone know where I can get scorecards for those please?

Surely a question that CW is well placed to answer in these times
You need either the 1996 or 97 Shell Cricket Almanac. If you're prepared to pay they can be bought on Abe Books. I don't know if NZ libraries keep copies (not new, not in much demand, not considered rare and valuable unfortunately) , but libraries are shut at the moment anyway.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Taylor gets the player of the year award (and T20I player of the year)
Southee Test player of the year (and FC bowling)
Williamson ODI player of the year
Suzie Bates ODI player
Sophie Devine T20 player
Tom Latham FC batting
Devon Conway Domestic player of the year
Katie Gurrey Domestic player of the year

Ross :wub:

Flem274*

123/5
repost from atg thread which many rightly avoid

nz allrounder xi. not bad tbh.

geoff rabone
bevan congdon
roger blunt
giff vivian
john reid (wk)
chris cairns
jacob oram
colin de grandhomme
daniel vettori
richard hadlee
bruce taylor

due to the disparity in tests played between modern and ancient nz players i'm adhering to a bit of an honour system here rather than hard qualifications. basically no 6th bowlers or blokes who never batted higher than #8

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain

geoff rabone
bevan congdon
roger blunt
giff vivian
john reid (wk)
chris cairns
jacob oram
colin de grandhomme
daniel vettori
richard hadlee
bruce taylor

due to the disparity in tests played between modern and ancient nz players i'm adhering to a bit of an honour system here rather than hard qualifications. basically no 6th bowlers or blokes who never batted higher than #8
Would you classify Coney as a 5th bowler? If so he has to be there.

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
Kane playing for ND vs Firebirds.

Looks very tidy, didn't have the power to smash the ball but very compact and an attractive looking player. Murali got him in this inning and no shame in getting out to him. Decent Firebirds bowling attack, Mark Gillespie, Luke Woodcock, Murali for starters.

The stance looks very much like Sachin Tendulkar and even some of the shot executions. He must have been a follower of the great Sachin Tendulkar. I don't see much changes in Kane's batting from then to now other than slightly open stance now and the bat held higher in the stance.

Here's the scorecard of the game https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8654/scorecard/526631/northern-districts-vs-wellington-hrv-cup-2011-12
He is. I billeted with Kane when I was 15/16 and being the Lara stan that I am, I had to ask him Lara or Tendulkar. As always, modestly, he said Sachin. The footwork and balance especially.

vandem

International 12th Man

geoff rabone
bevan congdon
roger blunt
giff vivian
john reid (wk)
chris cairns
jacob oram
colin de grandhomme
daniel vettori
richard hadlee
bruce taylor

Is interesting that several players normally classified as batting all-rounders made the test team as a bowling all-rounder = 4th bowler and often batting #7 or #8 - Vivian + Rabone + Oram (above), also Shane Thomson + Styris + Neesham.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Noticing many other cricket boards are uploading tons of highlight clips of full match highlights on Youtube, really helps keep the cricket fix satisfied. Why don't nzc seem to have anything like that? Feels like a real missed opportunity.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Yeah I dd consider the rights issues. It's just crazy to see 5 million subscribers for cricket.com.au, 3.3 million for the ECB, Even 1.41 million for the lesser known Windies. We must be sitting on a gold mine!