Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 123 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2105
Like Tree477Likes

Thread: *Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Just give it a little tappy, a little tap tap-aroo.
    A lot of those South African players will be eligible by then. Devon Conway's only got about 12-18 months left, iirc. Haven't seen him play, but he was domestic player of the year so obviously one to watch

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    What does a Devon con weigh

God damn it brain
    _Ed_ and NZTailender like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Does have the vicious square strengths of maybe more a Test player, I know Ellis shut him down well once with a good field setting that took advantage of him being slightly weaker straight, a few teams have found areas to bog his strike-rates right down. Pleasingly ND is not one of them.

_Ed_ likes this.
    Don't squander the gold of your days making a shrine of cricket videos, trying to improve the hopeless failure, giving your life away to the Blockys, the Devciches and the Weerasundaras! Surrender your devout little cricketing heart to the inured agribusinessman.

NEW ZEALAND RAIN RADAR . AUSTRALIAN RAIN RADAR . U.K. RAIN RADAR

Just summing up my post in the World Cup Final thread... I think things are looking good for us.

World Test Championship - weíve got a reasonably friendly draw (wonder if Aussie will roll out more roads against us...?). Would back us to make a semi, but may be a bit tough as itís only the top two in the finals.

T20 World Cup - we have so many to build up to this. And since no one really cares about JAMT20s, really use the matches in the next year to find the best team. Not pick a team and give them heaps of time to get into form, then find out they arenít good enough.

ODI side - I think things actually look quite good. Donít know how Guptill will go after such a disappointing World Cup. Despite this, heíll still go down as one of our best ever ODI bats. Just one with a shocker tournament in 2019. And Taylor wonít make it. Other than that... squad looking to keep building from here and add to those oh so obvious areas of weakness.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    From the other thread. Obviously a bit soon to start talking about rebuilding, but I feel England's success started as soon as they exited pathetically in 2015. We need a decent opening combo and a finisher. Bowling was ace.
    Conway will be 32, ideal #4 or #5 middle order run grinder after Ross retires.

Need to give our 2nd and 3rd best batsmen (Latham, Young) a stable spot. Latham #5, Young opening with Seifert / Phillips?

Need to identify 3-4 younger players with high potentials and give them opportunities. Ravindra obviously. Seifert / Phillips probably. Finn Allen / Clarkson / Leopard possibly. Jamieson / Tickner / Nathan Smith possibly.
    jcas0167 likes this.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    i dont rate conway

i think we're a great chance in 2023 if we get the combinations right. guys like rachin are obviously crucial to our balance.

spin bowling countries are a lot more boring tho since i prefer to watch pace attacks. even india have a good one now. maybe they should take it to sa instead?
    jcas0167 likes this.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    From the other thread. Obviously a bit soon to start talking about rebuilding, but I feel England's success started as soon as they exited pathetically in 2015. We need a decent opening combo and a finisher. Bowling was ace.
    Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Tbh, I don't know about this. I had thought at the end of the last world cup this would be our time as all the young guns (Boult, Williamson et al) would have matured to their peak. They have, but we're weaker than 2015 imho because our opening combo was pretty abysmal this time round (no fault of nipples), we didn't really have a solid finisher (soz CdG but you're no Grunter) and Santner is no Vettori.

It's not as though the current side is ancient. A conceivable XI for 2023 could be:

1. Seifert 24 or Phillips 26
    2. Nicholls - 31
    3. Williamson - 32
    4. Young - 30
    5. Latham - 31
    6. Neesham - 32 (so impressed with him this tournament)
    7. as yet unidentified lower order biffer (Clarkson?)
    8. Santner - 31
    9. Henry - 31
    10. Fergsuon - 32
    11. Boult - 33

Ideally we want one or two more under 30s. I could see Henry not being there - as much as I love him - as he seems like he'll forever struggle to cement himself in our XI. Ferguson could break down. Nicholls may move to 5 and Latham may just Peter out in ODIs. I mean, Guptill would be 36 - it's conceivable he could still be around as well.

I always thought a player peak is 28-32. If anything there's a lack of a Taylor-esque experienced player in the squad.

I think our bowling was stronger this tournament, but batting far weaker. I was surprised we made the final, tbh.

But yeah, also the subcontinent factor.
    Still hurting from the other day, and the fatigue, I'm not 18 anymore.

The 5-run drama and wrong striker hurts even more now =(

Anyway my wife is quite keen into the Burger King T20s and BC in the last few years so with limited knowledge we thought the line up/squad building would be something like this

Openers
    Young
    Seifert
    Guppy

MIddle order
    Kane
    Ross (transition to tests and batting coach?)
    Latham
    Nichols
    Allen

All rounders
    Neesham
    CDG
    Anderson
    Kuggs

Spinners
    Ish
    Santa
    Ravi (batting opener?)

Pace
    Boult
    Henry
    Tinkler
    Jamieson

Express
    Fergy
    Milne
    Kuggs (all rounder)

I hope we get more $$$ and resources from the govt after making 2 finals and not actually losing the latest one

I'd prefer the new players get opportunities when the ODIs/T20s starts again and mix all the players to test combinations, get competition and learn from Guppy/Taylor before these two are phased out

The new guys impressed me over the T20 series vs India and SL and I always thought the next team would be stronger than the current side, Taylor doesn't really make that many runs (Nips and Latham showed they're ready to step up) and Guppy's bat went missing for a year now. We'd miss the experience and Taylor's strategy/leadership, and Guppy's fielding. Hopefully Kane/Latham can grow into their roles but we need diverse leadership/think tank brains there.

and we need to develop another leftie pace bowler

I actually like our T20 chances in AUS, we have 3 who can crack 150KM - Fergy, Milne, Kuggs, and a whole bunch of firepower, as long as they actually get to warm up in AUS to get used to the conditions and heat.

T20 likely

Seifert
    Young/Guppy
    Munro
    Kane
    Neesham
    Anderson/CDG
    Kuggs
    Milne
    Ish
    Fergy
    Boult/Tinkner
    WC'15@Eden Park: AUS 151 vs NZ 3/79 @ lunch break - Greenlite: dont worry Trent will save us at the end

Result: NZ win by 1 Wicket.

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlite View Post
    Ross (transition to tests and batting coach?)
    Dunno about Ross as a coach

Quote Originally Posted by RossTaylorsBox View Post
    Dunno about Ross as a coach
    he seems to teach Latham well batting together, but he does have a listening issue, me and my daughter called him like 10 times for a picture post game while he's signing autographs 2 metres away, we were in the queue too, he didn't hear a thing. Maybe that's why gentle Kane kept getting run out by him lol

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    When Taylor gets ear surgery will he come back as strongly as he did after eye surgery?
    Greenlite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlite View Post

and we need to develop another leftie pace bowler
    Always liked the look of Wheeler and Ed Nutall's bowling. Although I haven't heard anything about them both in a while. Wheeler in particular after that australia bashing.
    Greenlite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thundaboult View Post
    Always liked the look of Wheeler and Ed Nutall's bowling. Although I haven't heard anything about them both in a while. Wheeler in particular after that australia bashing.
    Went to the T20 final and he wasn't even in the Central starting line-up, Nutall looked interesting.

Can't remember our U20 bowlers except the spinners and Allen from last year. Hoping for a team/grade that produces the year of Kane, Southee, Boult, Anderson etc and blood them into the squad quickly.

Steady seems to like to give young guys opportunity more than Hesson, IMHO

Philips looks out of favor lately as well, wife said she could see Seifert progressing, not Phillips though.

Cricket Spectator
    Please share this and read this article for all cricket lovers:

https://www.change.org/p/internation...orld-cup-title
    Greenlite and thundaboult like this.

I was surprised that they made the rules like knocking the ball into the boundary is play on, instead of deadball, like it's so obvious, even most players know not to run after touching the ball.

So if it was 6 off 2 balls and they ran two and knock the ball to the boundary and the umpires were headless chickens again and gave it 6, they could have won the world cup that way. The game surely doesn't need that, would be a laughing stock in non-cricketing countries.

Kinda like unintentionally elbowing the ball into the net in soccer and play on.

and they went with boundaries over wickets as the tie breaker, I was like WTF. and 1 super over tie and it's end game, intead of keep going like soccer or basketball or baseball or tennis...........even rugby league gives you 2 halves for golden points before calling it a draw. We sat there all day surely they can spend another 10 minutes of extra super over....

in saying that we could have won with a few more moments of awareness or taking chances (Boult catch, Neesham 4 balls to replicate Elliot...)

and to be fair I almost threw up when Hussan said Eng deserved to win the cup seconds after they won. F***. more like Eng had all the luck to win the cup

Thread Information