• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Early prediction : 2-0 NZ - Boult and Southee are too good for this batting line-up. England will have there moments but NZ to win the crucial sessions. Curran to take a 6-for with Archer and Broad being steady but unspectacular. Watling MOTS

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
What's Young's injury status? There's no room for the line up at the mo but god forbid an injury, I hope he's first cab off the rank.

Also, Watling tonning up on a difficult sounding wicket in England is good news.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
No word on him as far as I can see - but given that the best case prognosis back in May was 6 months on the sidelines, you'd have to assume there's no chance he'll be ready for internationals in November.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Will probably depend on how he goes in the early season Plunket Shield rounds - though I still find it hard to see Stead breaking up the Wagner-Southee-Boult axis.

Jezroy

State Captain
Henry is still seen as first reserve seamer, surely.
I guess it depends on who got injured/dropped out.

I don’t know if they’d have an attack of Southee/Boult/Henry. I think Ferguson comes in if Wagner’s missing.

But I could see Henry in for either of Soult.

We’ve actually been relatively lucky with injuries over the last 7 or 8 years. Means much less opportunity for the likes of Henry.
And Murphy Sua.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
NZC making a major announcement this morning. Speculation is that the broadcasting rights for NZ cricket are moving from Sky to Spark.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Not impressed by this news, if that’s what it is. Rugby league on Sky, cricket on Spark, I’m not paying for both ... so it might be bye bye cricket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yup, Spark sports is taking over the broadcasting rights for Cricket. The exciting news though is that - because of Spark's links to TVNZ - a number of games will be broadcast live and free to air. These include the first T20 International of each series live (Black Caps and White Ferns); two regular season men's Super Smash matches per week; and two regular season women's Super Smash matches per week. Obviously I'd prefer it if a test match was broadcast at some point, but any kind of free to air cricket coverage can only be a good thing.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Prime did already show some t20 internationals live though? Agree the Super Smash free to air is a good thing though. It might be all I watch. :/

Mike5181

International Captain
Are we going to see increased coverage in One Day and FC games, or is it still just internationals and T20?

Binkley

U19 Captain
I’m pretty happy with the news. All I watch on Sky is cricket and the occasional Phoenix game. So I will be very happy to cancel my subscription in favour of Spark.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m pretty happy with the news. All I watch on Sky is cricket and the occasional Phoenix game. So I will be very happy to cancel my subscription in favour of Spark.
Yeah, except all of the Black Caps' overseas games will still be on Sky.