• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

thundaboult

International Debutant
Our bowling is putting on a decent show. 4 down. Aus should still comfortably chase this down but i like how our boys aren't just laying down

thundaboult

International Debutant
5 and 6 down! Aus in a bit of a bother at 154/6. Even if they go on to win this, our bowling has really impressed! Motivating stuff

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Carey gone too! The updates are very slow but the game is looking surprisingly good considering how many of our top squad we're missing!

thundaboult

International Debutant
Astle has NCN! 9 down and Aus still need 11 here. Jesus christ this match needed to be televised...what a cracker. Extremely envious of the crowd getting to watch this live. Our bowlers have really turned it up a notch

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Most depressing thing for me is seeing Bennett's return of 1-31 off 10 (including 3 maidens). Clearly should have made the WC side, had he not slept with Larsen's wife, and would have been well suited to any English wickets offering anything at all.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Young helping himself to 60 off 69 while Nicholls gets a golden blob opening the batting doesn't exactly leave me thrilled either.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Bennett and Young are the two I was referring to that should have been given a chance.

Good to see Blundell deliver, at least.

Would have been a pretty embarrassing loss for Australia is we’d got there ... real shame these matches aren’t being streamed.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
He's just notched a tonne in game two.

Should get home pretty easily and win this one, 207/2 in the 38th over trying to get to 278.

I know it's just warm ups, Aus would have to be worried about this.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to Will Young - it may be just a warmup but it's against a top-level Aus bowling attack. Gutting that he's going to miss the rest of the year for surgery.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Here I was wishing someone in dehli would perhaps cause a certain munro to work some extra miles and hopefully mess up a hamstring so will young can come in, and here i'm hearing young is going to miss the rest of 2019 from injury. Fantastic.

Btw, george worker...not bad. Let's not forget him either.

Last edited: