• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What is the general consensus re Patel's career?

History will say he wasn't test quality, though would it be unjust for me to argue we never really knew?

Patel's CC numbers since 2014.

2014: 59 @ 26.3
2015: 58 @ 25.3
2016: 69 @ 24
2017: 41 @ 29.8
2018: 56 @ 22.7
I feel like he's found his niche in the UK. No idea why that is, potentially some of those years were CC Div 2 as well?

I was stunned he played 24 Tests, I would've guessed at 12 or so before I looked. Not Test quality, had enough opportunities from 2008-12 even though he was Vettori's understudy.

I feel like once he ran sideways against Steyn and co, that was a massive blot on his copybook as well. I know it's got FA to do with his bowling but when Chris Martin was prepared to get in line, it just felt like Jeetan didn't have the sort of balls we needed to stand up for ourselves against bigger nations.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
After the Pakistan series in UAE, I want to go to sleep and wake up for the World Cup and then prepare for England Aus India tests all in one summer.

Defs gonna go to MCG for Boxing Day!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Has the Australian tour schedule been confirmed?
Not that I can find, we only know that it's 3 tests and 1 of them is on Boxing day. That presumably means another test will be the New Years test at the SCG, and my guess is that the 1st match in the series will be a daynighter at either Adelaide or Perth.

Last edited:

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain
My guess is Adelaide D/N test to start off with. A D/N in Perth would be unnecessary given the time zone differences with the east coast, it generally goes into the night anyway.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Ravindra picked up 3 wickets for not much I heard from the NZC folks. Opened the bowling too and bowled in the power play and death.

They'll open with him in one day and long format. In twenty 20 he'll bowl plenty and bat 6 I'm told.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Needed a Jamieson 40 down in the engine room to make 175 against UAE, that's a bit of a worry. Anderson with a 50.

Moss

Where are the scores being updated? Can't seem to find any coverage of this online.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Where are the scores being updated? Can't seem to find any coverage of this online.
Yeah it was just a short @blackcaps tweet that reported Worker made a 40, Anderson 55, Jamieson 41. Winning margin 19 runs.

NZC's website says the next three T20s against Pak A are scheduled to be morning games, so that would mean they'll be in action 90 minutes from now. I doubt there are plans from the PCB to lay on any live stream, despite doing it for the White Ferns' tour last year.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Yeah it was just a short @blackcaps tweet that reported Worker made a 40, Anderson 55, Jamieson 41. Winning margin 19 runs.

NZC's website says the next three T20s against Pak A are scheduled to be morning games, so that would mean they'll be in action 90 minutes from now. I doubt there are plans from the PCB to lay on any live stream, despite doing it for the White Ferns' tour last year.
NZC lists a 6.00pm start NZ time today. Doubt these ‘A’ matches will begin at 9.00am Dubai time at ICC Academy. Pakistan A will be a step up from the UAE warm up match. Cricinfo has a 10.00pm start NZ time. With a scorecard/ media blackout on this tour to date Kiwi cricket fans may be left in the dark anyway.

nzfan

Is Ravindra that hype-worthy? I've only seen of him what Kippax provides from time to time. Bloke is really getting fast-tracked.
I've been on his bandwagon for a long time. Not the Prithvi Shaw type like scoring 100s at every possible level but a tremendous prospect both with the bat and ball. Everyone in NZC seems to have confidence in his ability. They opened bowling with him vs UAE so they rate his bowling very high. Only time will tell how he goes but unlike sub continent lads our ones go through the pathway longer. To be fair anyone that can bat at the top and bowl his quota of overs will get a fair go. I prefer he's drafted in slowly as unlike in sub continent we don't play on flat tracks. It takes time to find your feet and confidence here. Particularly as a top order batsman and a spinner. Our decks don't offer much to spinners and if you are opening it's a hit and miss.

nzfan

That was just a warm up game so no online scoring. The up coming matches are covered on cricinfo. The game is about to start I think at 9 p.m our time.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Come on ****s. Auckland batsmen looking completely out of the element and spudding it up was supposed to be last weekend in the UAE, not this one.