• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Otago - that is terrible. There are talented youngsters so have to play them and write big cheques and 5 year contracts for the likes of Rachin Ravindra and Finn Allen

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Wood's extra pace and skiddy angles have seen him long identified as the man to bring a cutting edge to the seam attack, and he believes he benefited from being given a licence to bowl short and at the body in his previous Test appearance - similar to the role fulfilled by New Zealand's Neil Wagner. Having scored a maiden Test fifty at Hagley Oval, he is now chasing bigger wicket hauls for England.
Mark Wood raring to make Test mark after swapping IPL for Derby - ESPNcricinfo

England still feeling the need to keep copying what NZ does.

Flem274*

123/5
ahahahahahaha howsie's gonna lose his mind

ND are getting a h4x team courtesy of having the Tauranga property market in their borders

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Imagine when there’s a gap in the international schedule next year and the Blackcaps go back to play domestic, the entire ND side will get dropped!

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Baker as well. Feel like Kuggs and him will suffer the most looking at that.

Spare a thought for Corey,

CDG takes his international place.

CDG takes his IPL place.

Now he is staring down the barrel of losing his FC place to CDG and having to play club cricket.

Which to be fair is fitting, cos Corey (as much as I am a fan) has been playing club level cricket for over a year now post injuries.

Flem274*

123/5
ND are going to lose a lot of fringe and younger players to this hoarding.

If you're Zak Gibson, Bharat Popli or Henry Cooper you start to look at your options. They're not as ***y as having the test attack on the books but they'll be wanting 10 FC games per year not 4-6.

Especially when you're having to compete with experienced domestic cricketers as well when the test blokes aren't there.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
ND are going to lose a lot of fringe and younger players to this hoarding.

If you're Zak Gibson, Bharat Popli or Henry Cooper you start to look at your options. They're not as ***y as having the test attack on the books but they'll be wanting 10 FC games per year not 4-6.

Especially when you're having to compete with experienced domestic cricketers as well when the test blokes aren't there.
Gibson will play if he's good enough. Yeah Wagner's there a bit given he's not an NZ LO player but Southee and Boult won't be bar 1-2 games. More of a squeeze on top 6 given Watling, Anderson and now Astle will probably play a lot. Interesting how they'd squeeze in Astle, Anderson, Sodhi, Mitchell and Devcich into the same side as all-rounders/spinners

The Hutt Rec

Gibson will play if he's good enough. Yeah Wagner's there a bit given he's not an NZ LO player but Southee and Boult won't be bar 1-2 games. More of a squeeze on top 6 given Watling, Anderson and now Astle will probably play a lot. Interesting how they'd squeeze in Astle, Anderson, Sodhi, Mitchell and Devcich into the same side as all-rounders/spinners
I think the Astle thing is a hoax.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...ty-deal-impacted-by-david-warners-cricket-ban

I'm not sure what to make of this to be honest. I get that NZC has the overall central contract over its players and has to issue NoC. But I just can't see NZC stepping on KW's toes of when to or not to play, it isn't like he is a fast bowler. And the board went out of its way to let McCullum play whatever he wanted at the expense of NZ warmup tour games.

Sounds to me like KW wants to take a more than well deserved break after the home summer and IPL overlap, and have June off (fair enough - its not like he gets a summer holiday in NZ). Whether NZC advised it and he agreed, or whether KW asked for it, I don't know. But I just can't see NZC dictating terms over KW's will right now after his stellar IPL year.

Nevertheless I hope he has great holiday. And gets ready to repeat if not better what he did to Pakistan last time he was in the UAE.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
I think I'd rather play the T20s and **** off home, too. NZC don't seem to care at all about test cricket, why destroy your body in FC games for a fraction of the money.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...ty-deal-impacted-by-david-warners-cricket-ban

I'm not sure what to make of this to be honest. I get that NZC has the overall central contract over its players and has to issue NoC. But I just can't see NZC stepping on KW's toes of when to or not to play, it isn't like he is a fast bowler. And the board went out of its way to let McCullum play whatever he wanted at the expense of NZ warmup tour games.

Sounds to me like KW wants to take a more than well deserved break after the home summer and IPL overlap, and have June off (fair enough - its not like he gets a summer holiday in NZ). Whether NZC advised it and he agreed, or whether KW asked for it, I don't know. But I just can't see NZC dictating terms over KW's will right now after his stellar IPL year.

Nevertheless I hope he has great holiday. And gets ready to repeat if not better what he did to Pakistan last time he was in the UAE.
I'm all for it. He's got a World Cup in a year, he's playing a lot of cricket, all that responsibility, needs to rest whenever is necessary. He's our #1 central contracted player and the work load we deem him for is more important than Yorkshire.

Mind you, this is the same body that make the ****ing ridiculous decision to withhold Ross from the Big Bash, so anything they decide to do should be scrutinised.

The Hutt Rec

He's seemed close to burnout a few times over the last few years. Definitely the right call from NZC on this occasion.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Forcing Kane away from cricket if he doesn't want to be away from cricket is probably far more harmful than whatever justification NZC might come up with, tbf.

If Kane wants to play, let him play. If Kane doesn't want to play, don't make him play.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Forcing Kane away from cricket if he doesn't want to be away from cricket is probably far more harmful than whatever justification NZC might come up with, tbf.

If Kane wants to play, let him play. If Kane doesn't want to play, don't make him play.
I firmly believe that outside of NZC games, this is the actual position of NZC. Which is why I posted in the first place.

The Hutt Rec

My guess is he'll be glad for the break.