Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: *** un-Official - New Zealand Black Caps Thread ***

Yeah, Siddons was an assistant coach under him, he might be open to the idea of working with him.

State Captain
    At Queensland, right? Good point. Found this in an article from Stuff too:

The Press understands New Zealand Cricket (NZC) director of cricket Buchanan played a major role in bringing Siddons to New Zealand with the top job in mind, though Siddons signed with Wellington just a month after Buchanan started in his role.

And I remember another article somewhere that Siddons said he been approached about taking on the one-day role. So I think we can almost lock him in already.

Test coach? I'd love it to be someone of Wright's ilk, who was a Test purist, has lived and breathed five-day cricket and really wants to give it a red-hot go. No one springs to mind

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Just make Athlai coach already. I see Flem (the real one, not the interwebz imposter) has ruled himself out - we'll get him at some point I'd say though it could be 15 years before he wants to give it a shot.

Quote of the century from cricinfo county report
    The Derbyshire dominance was confirmed by the 18 overs it took to reach their target of 94. Martin Guptill, perhaps the best overseas player in the game currently, thumped a 42-ball half-century to polish off a wonderful three days - three days that saw Derbyshire win a fourth game in seven.
    Guptill WAG. In true Guptill style he is a god at the level a step down from international cricket and has been scoring buckets of runs for Derbyshire.

At the other end of the scale, Jeets is confirming his WAC status by taking 4/27 in his last one-dayer and 6/95 in second inns of last first class match for Warwickshire. Srsly this is division 1 on wickets that I wouldn't think would turn a lot - are county players even worse at playing spin than our domestix batsmen?

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Guptill's First-class average is finally starting to look respectable.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Just make Athlai coach already. I see Flem (the real one, not the interwebz imposter) has ruled himself out - we'll get him at some point I'd say though it could be 15 years before he wants to give it a shot.

Quote of the century from cricinfo county report

Guptill WAG. In true Guptill style he is a god at the level a step down from international cricket and has been scoring buckets of runs for Derbyshire.

At the other end of the scale, Jeets is confirming his WAC status by taking 4/27 in his last one-dayer and 6/95 in second inns of last first class match for Warwickshire. Srsly this is division 1 on wickets that I wouldn't think would turn a lot - are county players even worse at playing spin than our domestix batsmen?
    This is Guptill's breakthrough season in CC tbh. Was up and down last county stint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    At Queensland, right? Good point. Found this in an article from Stuff too:

The Press understands New Zealand Cricket (NZC) director of cricket Buchanan played a major role in bringing Siddons to New Zealand with the top job in mind, though Siddons signed with Wellington just a month after Buchanan started in his role.

And I remember another article somewhere that Siddons said he been approached about taking on the one-day role. So I think we can almost lock him in already.

Test coach? I'd love it to be someone of Wright's ilk, who was a Test purist, has lived and breathed five-day cricket and really wants to give it a red-hot go. No one springs to mind
    Nah, from memory he and a few other coaches (Tim Nielsen, Dene Hills) would rotate through the Centre of Excellence and travelling with the Australian side as an assistant to Buchanan. Siddons would almost still have been playing for SA while Buchanan was coaching them, wouldn't he?

Don't know anything about Siddons being an assistant in QLD.

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Nah, from memory he and a few other coaches (Tim Nielsen, Dene Hills) would rotate through the Centre of Excellence and travelling with the Australian side as an assistant to Buchanan. Siddons would almost still have been playing for SA while Buchanan was coaching them, wouldn't he?

Don't know anything about Siddons being an assistant in QLD.
    Ah okay, just a guess. I know little about the Australian domestic scene, admittedly. But sounds like he might be well-tied into Buchanan already.

Wow, that's a massive rap on Guptill, there are some pretty handy overseas players around I would wager. Especially a Kiwi one that plays for Notts and has led the wicket tally over the last two years.

National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

State Captain
    That's sad. It really rips me that 3-4 guys are going to choose family and $ over a Lord's Test, and they have the right to. It shouldn't be an issue.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    yeah players having the right to do what they want to do is really annoying. their families should be ashamed.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

"Hey Mr McCullum, you're behind on your mortgage. We'll have to foreclose"
    "Hey wait a minute, we can sort this out! I know! Let me tell you about the time I played at Lord's!"
    Last edited by Spikey; 03-06-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Is a bummer though. NZ and the players seem to have worked out a pretty good deal for each side, and the ECB have **** all over everyone. Instead of playing at Lord's, they should burn it down.

hey wait a minute, it's only a 2 test series anyway. **** england send out a weakened squad!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Is a bummer though. NZ and the players seem to have worked out a pretty good deal for each side, and the ECB have **** all over everyone. Instead of playing at Lord's, they should burn it down.
    What else do you want England to do? There's an Ashes series and a Champions Trophy to schedule that summer.

I blame the BCCI.

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    yeah players having the right to do what they want to do is really annoying. their families should be ashamed.
    Swing and miss. They shouldn't have to choose. I'm sure you'd be just as honourable, not given the choice.

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread Information