• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC Tri-Series

James

Cricket Web Owner
Canada v Zimbabwe Trinidad - 16 May
Bermuda v Canada Trinidad - 17 May
Bermuda v Zimbabwe Trinidad - 18 May
Final - Trinidad - 20 May

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Oh Canada!

John Davison is playing, that should make Dizzy happy - the others:

George Codrington
Geoff Barnett
Des Chumney
Don Maxwell
Haninder Dhillon
Stewart Heaney
+Ashish Bagai
Qaiser Ali
Sunil Dhaniram
Umar Bhatti
Kevin Sandher
Henry Osinde

Bermuda:

Janeiro Tucker
Irvine Romaine
Saleem Mukuddem
Dean Minors
Lionel Cann
Dwayne Leverock
Hasan Durham
Kevin Hurdle
Ryan Steede
Kwame Tucker
George O'Brien
Oliver Pitcher
Daniel Morgan

Personally, I find it extremely odd that Bermuda isn't part of West Indies - all right, they're far away from everyone else, but so is Jamaica, and in these days of flight travel it shouldn't be a problem. A country with population 66,000 is never going to be much cop in international eleven-man team sport anyway, regardless of popularity of the game.

brockley

International Captain
Gather zimbabwe will be tired after the series 6 one dayers + 3 warm ups.
Ed rainsford has gone to england so zimbabwe will be 1 bowler down,gather to play league cricket.
Heaney,barnett,davo could build a decent score for canada,of the 2 i reckon canada will pull the upset against zimbabwe.
Zimbabwe are either modest in defeat or absolutely awful changes from game to game no consistency and there was none against kenya either.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think Canada might win this quite easierly, i heard a while back that more then just Ed Rainsford, have decided to play in England, rather then play in this tourny.

Steulen

International Regular
chaminda_00 said:
I think Canada might win this quite easierly, i heard a while back that more then just Ed Rainsford, have decided to play in England, rather then play in this tourny.
Which would be bad thinking by the Zimbabweans. If they don't win this Tri-Series, their last shred of credibility as a first tier cricketing nation will have disappeared; forever, one fears.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Davison probably makes the Canadians favourites. I can genuinely see a Can-Ber final, unless the Zimbabwean hitters manage to get over their hideous form against the Windies.

Bermuda's far, far further from the WI than Jamaica is, Hakon, get an atlas man...

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Does this tournament have any significance apart from possibly showing how bad Zimbabwe are - or is it just a tri nation tournament?

Either way, it looks interesting.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Pratyush said:
Does this tournament have any significance apart from possibly showing how bad Zimbabwe are - or is it just a tri nation tournament?

Either way, it looks interesting.
It is granted official ODI status. And it's good preparation for the minnows.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Is there a sense of irony that it would probably be easier to guess the Bermuda or Canada sides than the Zimbabwean outfit?

Davison to make at least one ton - Canada all the way.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Is this series gonna be broadcast then? Sky have the rights to games in the windies in the uk so are they gonna show this?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I am really looking forward to this. In fact Im often more interested in these type of games than a lot of the Test nations playing ODIs.

This is far more about the sport than superstars.

Zim will win this tournament but I do not think it will be easy. The others should benefit from all this.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i would go with zembawee. it will be a tough series though. zembawee team certainly hasn't shown any improvements so it will be tough match betweeen canada and zembawee.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Craig said:
I can't wait.

Seriously if Zimbabwe don't win this then they never will win anything.
Well, they should beat Norway. :ph34r:

No coverage on Cricinfo, tho...even though these are official ODIs...*mutters*

Craig

World Traveller
Probably don't consider them worthy to be covered, weird but we will (ie this thread).