• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lou Vincent

nibbs

International Captain
I felt obliged make a thread about this because this is getting beyond a joke. Why won't John Bracewell select him. He's been in awesome form over the summer, yet Bracewell won't pick him. He's way better than Hamish Marshall who has forgotten how to play good. So dear I ask, why isn't Lou being selected? I sure hope it isn't his larger than life jaw bone.

regards, nibbs

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Have you been following the WI in NZ/NZ in SA thread? I fairly sure it's a combination of two reasons...

1) Vincent said he'd prefer to bat in the middle order (he didn't say he didn't want to open though) so Bracewell effectively said "you're not commited to the team so I'll find someone else to open" hence Marshall and Fulton opening.

2) He wanted to be with his wife for the birth of their child so he missed out on the first part of the SA tour...

Given the recent form of the team he should come in for Styris at four (believe me, Vincent bats best at 4) or if worse comes to worse, to open.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
loving the forum and fan of the month

"Thanks for selecting me as this months fan of the month, I love the site, so do all my mates.."

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
loving the forum and fan of the month

"Thanks for selecting me as this months fan of the month, I love the site, so do all my mates.."
The previous is better:

Ethan - Auckland, NZ

Hi, my name is Ethan and I support the BlackCaps.

It's choice to be Lou's Fan of the Month.

I'm 7 years old and I love cricket. I got a cricket set for christmas from Santa, unfortunately it says on the bat it is from a guy called Stephen Fleming, when I said I wanted to bat like Lou Vincent. It still works though.

My question for Lou:

How do I stop the bat missing the ball?

nibbs

International Captain
I actually have a Lou Vincent wallpaper on my pc. I'm quite proud of it, as you can probably imagine.

Craig

World Traveller
Quality site.

Just like the pictures of yaks Benchmark has been posting in Off Topic :laugh:

Blaze

Banned
James said:
The website is over three months old mate :p

But yeah, it's a great website, that logo is a classic :laugh:
I only found out about it this morning so thought I would post the link in case others hadn't heard about it.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Shameless bump just for this...

Have you seen a ***y woman cricketer?

Lou: (Long pause)…I'm sure deep down they are all beautiful people. I must say I don't watch too much of it but there are some lovely girls around I'm sure.
:laugh: