• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good and Bad Personal Meetings with Cricketers

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:
Good: Brad Hogg. Keen for a chat with anyone who will talk to him and always smiling
Brett Lee: The most likely in an Australian team to go sign autographs for ages and pose for photos.
The whole Sri Lankan Team: The nicest and most humble guys. Whenever they're around you can tell they just love playing cricket and they'll talk to you about it. They really do understand how lucky they are to be there.

Bad: Doug Walters: Played 18 holes with him and he's an absolute ******. Barely talked. Was in his cart all day listening to the races and kept the radio on the whole time even when I was playing my shots.
Glenn McGrath: Very rude to me and some other kids seeking autographs when he just mumbled "get out've the way kids". When we were just standing there asking him and not in his way at all
Did you beat Walters, maybe that was the reason.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Good:
Dave Hussey, Me and Djellett were at a ING cup game, and Dave was fielding on the boundary, just near us. We told him to do a dance when he thought the Vics were gonna win. With 2 balls to go, and 8 runs needed, he was walking back from the huddle after a wicket had fallen, and did a little dance. We instantly yelled out 'Dancing Dave!!'. We'd been talking to him before hand, and he seemed a really good bloke.

Neutral:
Matt Hayden. A couple of years ago, went to a training session, and afterwards he was signing stuff. You could sort of see it in his eyes that he really didn't want to be there, and he wasn't responding to anything anyone was saying, just sort of grunted in acknowledgment.. I know the guy is the sort of guy that likes his privacy, but if you don't want to sign stuff, don't come out there to the kids. And atleast try to smile.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:
Good: Brad Hogg. Keen for a chat with anyone who will talk to him and always smiling
Brett Lee: The most likely in an Australian team to go sign autographs for ages and pose for photos.
The whole Sri Lankan Team: The nicest and most humble guys. Whenever they're around you can tell they just love playing cricket and they'll talk to you about it. They really do understand how lucky they are to be there.

Bad: Doug Walters: Played 18 holes with him and he's an absolute ******. Barely talked. Was in his cart all day listening to the races and kept the radio on the whole time even when I was playing my shots.
Glenn McGrath: Very rude to me and some other kids seeking autographs when he just mumbled "get out've the way kids". When we were just standing there asking him and not in his way at all
What about your best friend Funky Miller? :-O

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
What about your best friend Funky Miller? :-O
That falls into the "Very Personal Meetings with Cricketers" category.

Steds, care to do the honours with the naughty smilie?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
You're a scholar and a gentleman.

Hang on, you're from ooop norf. I retract that statement.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Dark Hunter said:
Neutral:
Matt Hayden. A couple of years ago, went to a training session, and afterwards he was signing stuff. You could sort of see it in his eyes that he really didn't want to be there, and he wasn't responding to anything anyone was saying, just sort of grunted in acknowledgment.. I know the guy is the sort of guy that likes his privacy, but if you don't want to sign stuff, don't come out there to the kids. And atleast try to smile
. Lose lose situation - if you don't really want to be doing it, and so you decide not to, people get annoyed at you for not signing autographs.

Not suprised to see Dave Hussey getting a few positive mentions, not at all.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
oh yeah i forgot about funky. i kinda just went up to touch him but rather than talk to him.. that sounds grose but