Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Who is the latest addition to your All-Time XI

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric View Post
    The point is that Hayden does not belong ahead of Hutton, Gavaskar and Sutcliffe.
    Or several other openers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Cricket Champion!
    Hayden does not belong ahead of Hutton, Gavaskar and Sutcliffe ... and yeah, Hayden > Pietersen overall. Pietersen > Hayden eventually, I agree.
    Well, it is MY all-time XI so I do reserve the right for discerning who belongs where - no offense mate.

And Pietersen being better than Hayden? It's really a running joke now how underrated Hayden is on this site. I don't want to open up a can of worms, but Pietersen will be lucky to be as good as Hayden is.
    ★★★★★

Cricket Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    10 fold? Hayden averages 53 and has almost 8000 Test runs to his name, with 27 centuries...if Pieterson comes anywhere near that, England should count themselves lucky. Even Bradman wasn't '10-fold' better than a guy who averages 53 in Test cricket!

Frankly, I don't like watching either of them, but Hayden has been an absolutely excellent player for a long time. Pieterson is just getting started...the comparison is ludicrous.
    Maybe I should have put in Nasser Hussain.

Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by KaZoH0lic View Post
    Well, it is MY all-time XI so I do reserve the right for discerning who belongs where - no offense mate.
    I don't think he was denying that either.

That tenfold statement was a bit silly. I don't mind Hayden myself, rate him ahead of Boycott( who someone stupidly put in a side.

Hobbs, Richards, Greenidge, Hutton, far ahead of them both imo.

Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    That tenfold statement was a bit silly. I don't mind Hayden myself, rate him ahead of Boycott( who someone stupidly put in a side.

Hobbs, Richards, Greenidge, Hutton, far ahead of them both imo.
    How so?

Umm, becuase it means they're ten times better, which is fairly ridiculous on any level, for instance someone averaging five in Test cricket would have to have that five multiplied ten times, which would mean umm an average of a lot

Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Umm, becuase it means they're ten times better, which is fairly ridiculous on any level, for instance someone averaging five in Test cricket would have to have that five multiplied ten times, which would mean umm an average of a lot
    It wasn't meant to mean a literal x10, more a figure to represent a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by KaZoH0lic
    No ****. Are you suggesting that we close every debate on CW simply because we are all entitled to our own opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by KaZoH0lic
    And Pietersen being better than Hayden? It's really a running joke now how underrated Hayden is on this site. I don't want to open up a can of worms, but Pietersen will be lucky to be as good as Hayden is.
    Considering you are the only one on this site who even considered Hayden in an all-time XI, it's fair to say that you might be overrating Hayden just a little. That's besides the point - Hayden is very good but Pietersen may just outperform him in the long run. Certainly doesn't seem very far-fetched considering KP has already fared well against the three greatest bowlers of the modern era.

Cricket Champion!
    No ****. Are you suggesting that we close every debate on CW simply because we are all entitled to our own opinions?
    Calm down, didn't mean it in a bitchy way.

No, but I've already stated why I think Hayden holds his own place down. I see Boycott, Trumper, Headley and possibly others (haven't read every post) that are just as contentious as Hayden yet haven't gotten much outcry over. I know I am overrating him a bit. But I see the same in those aforementioned players.

Do I think he's better than the others? Yes, IMO, he is and maybe in years gone by will be appreciated.

U19 Captain
    jack hobbs
    sunil gavaskar
    don bradman
    brian lara
    viv richards
    gary sobers
    adam gilchrist
    wasim akram
    malcolm marshall
    curtley ambrose (seriously becoming one of the most underrated quicks of all time)
    murali

recently changed lara in favour of sachin, pure entertainment value if i'm honest.
    Last edited by UncleTheOne; 09-06-2007 at 04:47 AM.

curtley ambrose (seriously becoming one of the most underrated quicks of all time)
    Agreed tbh. I had him in my XI til I decided to swap him for Imran (for the extra batting), but to my way of thinking, he's the third best quick bowler of all time - and certainly the best I've seen any amount of cricket from - I saw a bit of Marshall, but I was only a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information