• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Casson trades in Perth for Sydney

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Article in The Age today saying that WA is chasing Josh Mangan, with quotes from Wayne Clark. The article indicated that Mango wouldn't receive a rookie contract this year, which I don't think is all that accurate...

It actually inferred that Jon Holland would "take over" Mangan's rookie.

Mangan hes the Under 19 chap right Holland is quite a good bowler and would deserve heard you were up for a contract Jack? Good luck to Haurie and Casson is sydney!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mangan went to the Youth World Cup in Bangladesh, was first year out of U/19s this season just gone. Had a pretty good district season this year, despite having knee surgery which kept him out for a while. Holland probably ended up taking more wickets than him though, in about the same amount of games.

And I need to get my district bowling average below 12,000 before I'm a chance of a contract...