• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Power Play be used at World Cup 2007

Should Power Play be used at next World Cup(2007)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I posted poll on this a short time ago ( 4 hours ago) - but it seems to have mysteriously vanished , so I will post poll again.

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/246372.html

The above news item on ICC cricket committee decision means they are going to continue with Power Play . IMO, it makes ODI cricket which is already in favour of batsman, even further in their favour with a further 50-60 runs extra runs in the second Power Play. It also makes run chases extremely difficult under it , and gives the Team winning the toss an even bigger advantage than it already is.

So I want CW members opinion on whether Power Play should be used at the next World Cup .
At the time I was last logged (4 hours ago) it had 4 voters all oposed to it being used at 2007 World Cup. (the voters being Blaze, Oz Fan and Ed along with myself - I would ask them to either vote again , since the previous thread has gone mysteriously missing or I will count their votes in the end )

So here is your vote -

( Note to moderators , can someone tell me where that thread on the same title go ? :mellow: )

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
oz_fan said:
It was moved to the world cup thread.
Ok, that makes sense , but not many visit that thread as far as I know. (including myself , isn't it better being here)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Now what have I done !!:ph34r:

I seem to have duplicated the same poll !!:laugh:

Apologies to moderators . But I feel the general Cricket forum is where more people would see and visit that thread.
But its your decision. If you can merge them please do .:)