• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is with the ICC?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Like Martin Snedden said: "....Sometimes you just have to compromise because every time somebody wants to shift something it had a flow-on effect."

James

Cricket Web Owner
Congrats on 16,000 posts Eddie.

Why did they have to change it in the first place? I was looking forward to Bangladesh coming later in the year for that series.

Natman20

International Debutant
Its time to do a major protest I think shall we make large CW banners at the next games in Nz complaining? :unsure:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
James said:

Why did they have to change it in the first place? I was looking forward to Bangladesh coming later in the year for that series.
Because they are idiots.

Craig

World Traveller
I believe India didn't want to go there because of issues of the right preperation.

What wimps, stop thinking they own world cricket and go over there just like New Zealand would be expected to.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
GoT_SpIn said:
Because they are idiots.
But...but...but... these are the people who implemented the 'Super Sub' rule in cricket, showed a positive lead over Zimbabwe, decided to schedule the Champions Trophy within six months of the World Cup and introduced Winter Cricket in the form of the current South Africa v New Zealand test series.

The word you are looking for is Progressive.

Because they are progressive idiots

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
James said:

Cheers.

I really haven't a clue - there's some clever people at the ICC, I can tell. Perhaps the heat's getting to them?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
But...but...but... these are the people who implemented the 'Super Sub' rule in cricket, showed a positive lead over Zimbabwe, decided to schedule the Champions Trophy within six months of the World Cup and introduced Winter Cricket in the form of the current South Africa v New Zealand test series.

The word you are looking for is Progressive.

Because they are progressive idiots
Just idiots will do fine.

Craig

World Traveller
James said:
We were supposed to have Bangladesh next summer.
Really? I thought it was India? I mean Bangladesh wouldn't pull out of a Test or ODI series and I believe there was a thread on it.

If your right and I'm wrong then I apologise and take back what I said.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Nope, was definately Bangladesh, because I remember Ian Smith talking about it.

I was really looking forward to seeing them come here after their improvement in the international game over the past year. Sri Lanka three years in a row is just over-kill.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Craig said:
Really? I thought it was India? I mean Bangladesh wouldn't pull out of a Test or ODI series and I believe there was a thread on it.

If your right and I'm wrong then I apologise and take back what I said.
India's tour was postponed and it was a mutual decision. It happened a good while back as well.