• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is with the ICC?

Matt79

Global Moderator
The Black Caps and Sri Lankans must be getting pretty sick of each other. Surely this means they won't have to play each other again til 2010 or similar.

Still, between Murali and Vettori, you're getting a lot of quality finger-spin to watch!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Matt79 said:
The Black Caps and Sri Lankans must be getting pretty sick of each other. Surely this means they won't have to play each other again til 2010 or similar.

Still, between Murali and Vettori, you're getting a lot of quality finger-spin to watch!
yeah, but Murali is not a finger spinner, really.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I can understand why it is annoying but I do not see it as too big a problem.

It is regular cricket and a big improvement on no cricket at all. It may be overkill to play Sri Lanka all the time but it could be so much worse.

As for the ICC, I will not waste words on the subject.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All sporting governing bodies must be rubbish, it would just not be right if they were competant.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Goughy said:
I can understand why it is annoying but I do not see it as too big a problem.

It is regular cricket and a big improvement on no cricket at all. It may be overkill to play Sri Lanka all the time but it could be so much worse.

As for the ICC, I will not waste words on the subject.
Erm...Apart from the war, when has there ever been no cricket being played?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
open365 said:
Erm...Apart from the war, when has there ever been no cricket being played?
No cricket meaning very little. I was not being literal. I was refering to the paucity of cricket available to NZ in the first few decades of being a test nation and pointing out that whilst things may not be ideal right now that they could be much worse. It only takes a look at the past to realise how lucky we are now.

Also if the Sri Lanka tour is a replacement tour then it is good that it has been added in rather than there being a gap where no cricket is being played.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
At least Jason doesn't have an excuse for not going to watch his team play.
Not if SL don't show any signs of improving !!

I'll just watch it in front of my sky TV sipping some cold beers with Mates, while they get smashed around by the Kiwis . Then atleast I have a choice of switching over to the Movie channel.(which you don't have if you are at the game .):)

Raymond

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Craig said:
I believe India didn't want to go there because of issues of the right preperation.

What wimps, stop thinking they own world cricket and go over there just like New Zealand would be expected to.

..or the fact that NZ are THE BORING team in World Cricket

Slowly but steady, we all know where World Cricket is

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Raymond said:
...which part, the fact that Craig said "Wimps" ?

Why don't you mention "Not Nice" when he said that or its some newbie Bias?
Newbie bias, definitely.

Blooming clear off, coming here with your new fangled ideas. Can't a man sit and moan about the cricket in peace?

/Another Pimm's, Bunty?

;)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Raymond said:
...which part, the fact that Craig said "Wimps" ?

Why don't you mention "Not Nice" when he said that or its some newbie Bias?
Lol @ newbie bias. Think what you like there.

But really, if Craig calls the Indian team wimps, you must automatically react by having a go at the Kiwi team?

I don't agree with what Craig says, but I don't agree with you either. I'll tell you what, Bond and Cairns are/were definitely not 'boring' to watch. Two of the most exciting cricketers I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont know why we(Indians) continue to call NZ as a weak boring team. They have been a fantasting ODI team until recently and we haven't really been that successful against them in tests either. True NZ dont have any star of Tendulkar/Dravid level, but I think they are a very good team, atleast whenever they play against us in any version of game.

Raymond

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Jono said:
Lol @ newbie bias. Think what you like there.

But really, if Craig calls the Indian team wimps, you must automatically react by having a go at the Kiwi team?

I don't agree with what Craig says, but I don't agree with you either. I'll tell you what, Bond and Cairns are/were definitely not 'boring' to watch. Two of the most exciting cricketers I've ever had the pleasure of watching.
Its natural to retaliate when words like "wimps" are used, atleast I am not by keeping quiet so I give it back..anyways, whatever

U chose Bond and Cairns, :cool:

One is retired, other is too injury-prone to play cricket

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Raymond said:
Its natural to retaliate when words like "wimps" are used, atleast I am not by keeping quiet so I give it back..anyways, whatever

U chose Bond and Cairns, :cool:

One is retired, other is too injury-prone to play cricket
But Craig isn't even from NZ and he already apologized, perhapss you should read his posts before over-reacting.

Btw, Oram, Astle, Vettori, Fleming are :cool: .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah that Astle double ton, the quickest of all time, was as boring as watching paint dry.

Craig

World Traveller
I reallly have to go hunting for a DVD for that innings, I don't care if somebody said it is a meaningless innings since New Zealand were never going to win the Test match, still an innings like that would be awesome to watch.