• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting, Kallis & Dravid .....The show must go on !!!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: That's true, completely forgot it was Adelaide that Lara got it too.

Was it in Australia that Border took the record from Gavaskar? Or was it Sri Lanka?
NZ iirc. He was batting with Healy at the time I think.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And here's a very very very long shot.

Watch out for Alistair Cook. One of the most talented batsmen out there. And he's scoring runs without anyone really knowing it. He's 23 only. But already some 2200+ runs. And just assuming he's going to play for another 10-12 years, and assuming a gradual peak in 28-30, given the current rate of scoring almost 1k runs every year, he will easily score 14k-16k runs.

It's a very long shot. One poor ashes, and its al vida.
Good player, but I really think he has an off-stump technique problem. If he over comes it (assuming he has it and I don't think everyone agrees with me on it) then you may well be right.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's no doubt he does - when playing a forward-defensive stroke, his bat face typically points toward extra-cover. And as everyone who's everyone knows, with a defensive stroke you play with your bat face facing the bowler for maximum effect, pretty much without fail.

He's generally fine on the back-foot, but on the front this problem has never gone away. But it's also never one that's going to be too tough to fix.