• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I never thought I'd see the day

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
When England schedule a 7 match ODI series.

This is in addition to 2 Twenty20 games against the same opposition.

Should the ICC step in and limit ODI series to 5 (or even 3?)

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
The England side is also in serious danger of burnout, how can the ECB expect them to become the best side in the world while also the most overworked?

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
Series of that length would have to be between pretty evenly matched teams, otherwise you're just gonna end up with a whole lot of dead rubbers at the end of it all.

Craig

World Traveller
Five is enough and one Twenty20 is match is enough for me as well. So will Flintoff be expected to front up for each of the ODIs and Twenty20 matches?

archie mac

International Coach
I think it better if they play first to 4, this would give the players some rest. I know this will not happen with ticket sales and catering and so on.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
When England schedule a 7 match ODI series.

This is in addition to 2 Twenty20 games against the same opposition.

Should the ICC step in and limit ODI series to 5 (or even 3?)
Presumably that was the only way to get India to play 4 Tests.

Odd as it sounds. :wacko:

Noman Shaikh

Cricket Spectator
I'd rather see one country touring side to play 5 tests/7 ODI's rather then 2 countries playing 2 and 3 tests respectively, and 3 and 5 ODI'd respectively.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bleh. Who's going to want to watch 7 bloody games? It should definitely be limited to 5, and even 5 is pushing it (depending on the opposition, admittedly).

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
This really annoyed me in India. Had we played the same number of tests in the Ashes as we'd played in India, Australia would still be holding them.
ODI cricket is being pushed purely for it's ability to make a quick buck despite being, imo, a vastly inferior form of the game.

archie mac

International Coach
barmyarmy said:
ODI cricket is being pushed purely for it's ability to make a quick buck despite being, imo, a vastly inferior form of the game.
I agree 100%, but it is still better than that 20/20 crap :@

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Noman Shaikh said:
I'd rather see one country touring side to play 5 tests/7 ODI's rather then 2 countries playing 2 and 3 tests respectively, and 3 and 5 ODI'd respectively.
Impossible to fit in with the FTP - have to have 2 series a season.

We also now have 7 Tests rather than 5.

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Didn't we play the Aussies 7 times last summer? Or was it six.
Yeah, plus 3 against Bangladesh I believe, but that adds up to 10 ODI's over the summer, just like two 5-match series It was also over two different series, whereas they could have played a 7-match series that would have been dead after 5 matches. Also, the other touring team might want a 5-match series as well, a total of 12 matches for England over the summer, not even Australia plays that many in a home summer.

Last edited: