• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
Cue a certain Aussie saying how unimpressed they are with Cook again...
I criticised his performance at Lords not here or on the sub-continent.

Here, he and Eng did exactly what a good side should do - flog an under-manned attack.

Interesting that the commentators on our coverage (Gower, Atherton, Holding, Rameez, etc) still pointed to minor flaws in his technique but were at pains to point out that no-one in the Pak attack was consistent enough to take advantage.

I mean look at their attack today

Gul - potential but doesnt make the batsmen play enough
Sami - averages nearly 50
Razzaq - hasnt been a threat with the ball in 5 years
Kaneria - needs drastic remedial action (past the perpendicular and is almost an in-slant bowler)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Through in Arafat and Asif and the attack takes on an immediately different look. Pakistan`s depth has been shown up, while England`s reserve players are outperforming them.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Just as a moot point, I hope we lose the toss as I am going tomorrow. Originally I would have wanted to watch us bowl, but no Jones and no Flintoff means I am now desperate to watch KP.
LOL - unlucky.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
Afridi is going to go after Monty here, and I reckon its the right way to go. He's one of those bowlers that if you go after him, he can go into his shell considering he's so inexperienced at int'l level. Just don't be stupid.
Have to give Monty a lot of credit for continuing to toss it up after Afridi smacked him for six.

I think he deserved his 3-21 for bowling very well to be honest.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
GeraintIsMyHero said:
All I can say is how glad I am I opted for Friday tickets instead of Sunday when LCCC rang to tell me they had no Saturday tickets left :)
I'm glad they had no Friday, Saturday or Sunday tickets left when we ordered!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
Harmy was good BUT just how many deliveries did he bowl that were actually going to hit the stumps?
With the bounce he was getting they would've all gone over the stumps.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
BTW, havent mentioned it before but why is Geraint still playing?

His keeping has improved (law of averages I guess) but his inclusion is still a joke
Please tell us what you can fault about his keeping in recent games.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Steulen said:
Any comments on the Monty 3-fer, SP?
More on the Monty thing - last match it was being mentioned that whenever he comes on he just leaks lots of runs.

If that is so, how come his career economy rate is 2.49?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
couldn't have asked for a much better day if you're an England fan, arriving at the ground to see we'd lost the toss and would be in the field i expected a long day. Was sat a few rows behind Jimmy Saville so it was pretty noisy later on. Cook looked good, KP looked comfortable when he came in so hopefully they can carry on tomorrow. Cracking weather as well, sunburnt as usual
Which section were you in then?

I managed to not get burnt, partly because some of the day the big screen was covering me.

shaka

International Regular
and i thought he was injured :D. Are pakistan taking it easy on him or sumthing? j/k

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Please tell us what you can fault about his keeping in recent games.
Errr, did I not say his keeping has improved.

Trouble is that his batting is abysmal and that was what supposedly was keeping him in the side.

He obviously has photos of Dunc with somebody or something (although just why the coach is apparently picking the side continues to be completely beyond me)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Which section were you in then?

I managed to not get burnt, partly because some of the day the big screen was covering me.
E2, must have been pretty near to you, was just a bit square of the big screen

bowling Monty btw, looking very dangerous lets hope he can get one or two of the big three

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Well it's definitely not competent, that's for sure.
Geriant Jones
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, abysmal batting form, superb bowling form, fair
A destructive player with woeful leadership skills and mediocre experience.

Part of the England squad
Plays For: Kent
Nationality: England
Dual Nationality: Papua New Guinea
Battrick Rating: 4,112
Wages: £744 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
Bowling: woeful Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble