• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
well Vaughan and Harmison are back playing now, just not test fit. Vaughan just got out for 1 in his FC return, that after being clean bowled from a no ball
Sounds like he's ready for his return the the Test arena then...

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Xuhaib said:
I am not sure whether Asif is giving all while playing for Leics. If an average bowler like Rana can run through the batting line-ups then i am sure Asif would have no problems dislodging the same batsmen.
Asif's picked up a couple of quick wickets today, so maybe Inzi's comments have livened him up a bit.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
adharcric said:
It seems Vaughan, Harmison and Jones can make it back in time for this series, but not Giles? Is that accurate?
I think Giles is due to be back soon actually - his injury was only a hernia.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
That was Eddie's nickname, not Sean's. Wouldn't want him getting false credit. :p
Indeed. Hate to disappoint all my adoring fans, but alas, it's that old bloke from Derby's gag.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
well Vaughan and Harmison are back playing now, just not test fit. Vaughan just got out for 1 in his FC return, that after being clean bowled from a no ball
Just heard on SSN that he's been seen with a ice pack on his knee after his mammoth stint too. Hopefully just a precaution, but I sometimes wonder if we'll ever see him anything close to 100% again, myself.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Just heard on SSN that he's been seen with a ice pack on his knee after his mammoth stint too. Hopefully just a precaution, but I sometimes wonder if we'll ever see him anything close to 100% again, myself.
Well the piece i heard on SSN was saying there's pictures on the internet with him with an icepack but they had spoken to Dave Bias and he said that they do it every time he comes off the field just in case.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Sources indicate that Shoaib was not picked in the 16 man touring squad, however I'm sure it was due to be announced on the 9th.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Armadillo said:
Sources indicate that Shoaib was not picked in the 16 man touring squad, however I'm sure it was due to be announced on the 9th.
I thought the squad announcement was being delayed to give more time to to Shoaib to recover?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I've heard new rumors that he injured himself again while practicing. Also that Naved might be injured too, though I've yet to hear something from a credible source on either stories, thus making this post a complete waste of cyberspace.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
nightprowler10 said:
I've heard new rumors that he injured himself again while practicing. Also that Naved might be injured too, though I've yet to hear something from a credible source on either stories, thus making this post a complete waste of cyberspace.
Rana is injured, did not bowl in the second innings of a championship game and missed the subsequent C&G game but from what I can gather it is nothing serious.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/249544.html

Lostman

State Captain
what pakistan needs is an off spinner that turns the ball alot and can bowl a doosra..i know that pakistan has such a bowler somewhere.:happy:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Why do players come to play county cricket during the rest season and then complain of too much cricket ?

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
a couple of sources have said that the squad is decided upon. shoaib is not in there, until the south african doctor clears him i think. rao and sami are both in, everyone else pretty much picks himself. rao is an ineffective test bowler, sami is an ineffective bowler period.

we needed a young express pacer because i dont see shoaib will continue playing intl cricket for a very long time.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
a10khan said:
a couple of sources have said that the squad is decided upon. shoaib is not in there, until the south african doctor clears him i think. rao and sami are both in, everyone else pretty much picks himself. rao is an ineffective test bowler, sami is an ineffective bowler period.

we needed a young express pacer because i dont see shoaib will continue playing intl cricket for a very long time.
Don't pakistan have a production line of fast-bowlers?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Shoaib is out for 4-6 weeks. Will miss the start of the tour. I wonder how effective he will be even when he returns? He'll need match practice, not to mention he can't workout either while he's out.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Autobahn said:
Don't pakistan have a production line of fast-bowlers?
:) they have a few in the domestic circuit but under the present selection committee, i doubt any one of them will be selected.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Shoaib is out for 4-6 weeks. Will miss the start of the tour. I wonder how effective he will be even when he returns? He'll need match practice, not to mention he can't workout either while he's out.
he was out for a longer time prior to England tour to Pakistan & still caused havoc...