• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why was Pakistan chosen for the venue Champions trophy?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Major tours have taken place in Pakistan without a hassle recently (including Eng and Ind). Pakistan has the facilities/venues to host such an event. They have a cricket-mad population that will support the event (ODI's usually sell out in Pak). Just in case, security would be tight as usual. I don't see why Pakistan should not host it.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
karachi can get a bit iffy i think, they only got an ODI on the last England tour instead of a test match.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
India played a test match @ Karachi and it went fine. Man One has got to admire the Pakistani members on this forum.

C_C

International Captain
Sanz said:
India played a test match @ Karachi and it went fine. Man One has got to admire the Pakistani members on this forum.
Aye.
If India can play in Pakistan without any incident, its a cakewalk for the rest of the teams.
Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to stick their heads out of the sand a bit more frequently.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
C_C said:
Aye.
If India can play in Pakistan without any incident, its a cakewalk for the rest of the teams.
Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to stick their heads out of the sand a bit more frequently.
Meh i dunno maybe there were other reasons for not playing a test there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just found this, highly interesting IMO, because I don't remember anyone else complaining until fairly soon before the event.

Polo23

International Debutant
Major tours have taken place in Pakistan without a hassle recently (including Eng and Ind). Pakistan has the facilities/venues to host such an event. They have a cricket-mad population that will support the event (ODI's usually sell out in Pak). Just in case, security would be tight as usual. I don't see why Pakistan should not host it.
How can you say that? The New Zealand cricket team would have been staying in a hotel that got blown to pieces if the tournament had gone ahead.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, give the guy stick for a post he made two and a half years ago, good call that

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you're going to reply to a post it's prudent to take into account when it was made. 8-)