• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2011 World Cup Bid Vote - Another chance

James

Cricket Web Owner
As this is fairly big news, and the other thread having been locked, there's no where to discuss this.

If people are willing to be mature and discuss the 2011 World Cup Bid properly, this is the thread to do it in.

If this thread goes down the same route as the other thread, some members could finish up being banned. You have been warned.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Its great that everyone's so passionate about the WC, but I agree with James and lets leave the pettiness behind.

I feel its unfair to continue to chastise Pasag, because the guy has apologised several times and acknowledged he was pretty stupid and ill informed when he made those comments.

So lets move on.

Blaze

Banned
I am also sorry.. I don't think I was offensive towards anyone, but I might have been a little out of line.

Good luck for Asia in 2011, I won't be watching though.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
For 2015 , I wonder if the Aussies will be generous enough to give both Semis to NZ since they are going to be holding onto the Final or vice versa ?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Good luck for Asia in 2011, I won't be watching though.
Rubbish. :p

You know you won't be able to resist watching it.

Did you say the same thing about the 2003 RWC?

Blaze

Banned
Voltman said:
Rubbish. :p

You know you won't be able to resist watching it.

Did you say the same thing about the 2003 RWC?
You are right, In all likelyhood I will be over it in 5 years and will watch the NZ games.

No I didn't say the same thing about RWC 2003, because it was our own fault...

pasag

RTDAS
Congrats to India and co. The best vote won.

It would be cool to have cameras documenting the voting process, I am sure it would make for compelling television, much better than the other reality crap on at the moment. Seems like there was alot of drama, action and politics. It sounds exciting.

I am really disappointed though as I was really looking forward to being part of it. But even if we did win, 4 years is a life time away, but 9 years is in 2 life times away.

Maybe its good that we lost, if the our players were all at home it would become a media circus and there would be too much pressure like in 92. But the fact that we will be away means we can relax and keep away from attention, relativley speaking.

C_C

International Captain
It would be cool to have cameras documenting the voting process, I am sure it would make for compelling television, much better than the other reality crap on at the moment. Seems like there was alot of drama, action and politics. It sounds exciting.
If such a move is adopted, perhaps it should be in all ICC director-level or policy level meetings and not just restricted to isolated cases.
In anycase, its pretty hard to find any sort of irregularity or backdoor manueverings in voting procedure without having massive criminal investigations. Which is why politics is the bastion of the corruption in almost every nation and Italian/American backdoor deals are near-legendary.

But even if we did win, 4 years is a life time away, but 9 years is in 2 life times away.
Hardly. Time flies fast. Four years is just round the corner. An event ten years away isnt that far ahead in the future. I still remember what i was doing ten years ago almost accurate to a month. I am sure many can too.

pasag

RTDAS
C_C said:
If such a move is adopted, perhaps it should be in all ICC director-level or policy level meetings and not just restricted to isolated cases.
In anycase, its pretty hard to find any sort of irregularity or backdoor manueverings in voting procedure without having massive criminal investigations. Which is why politics is the bastion of the corruption in almost every nation and Italian/American backdoor deals are near-legendary.
And that would make for great viewing:)

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
JASON said:
For 2015 , I wonder if the Aussies will be generous enough to give both Semis to NZ since they are going to be holding onto the Final or vice versa ?
Call me a cynic, but now that we've been given a world cup, but not the one we wanted, look to the Australian board to skew the deal more in their favour.

C_C

International Captain
pasag said:
And that would make for great viewing:)
Disagree.
I am most definately not a reality-tv enthusiast in the common sense. I really am not interested to see a session of the parliament or ICC session meetings. They are mostly crooks, i am aware of that and i am not keen on seeing stupid leveraging or politically correct babble on television.

Craig

World Traveller
Better start saving.

Presumable Eden Gardens would host the final and that would be cool to go to a big match there.

For me:

Quart Final 1 - India
Quarter Final 2 - Pakistan
Quarter Final 3 - Sri Lanka
Quarter Final 4 - Bangladesh

Semi Final 1 - Pakistan
Semi Final 2 - Sri Lanka

Final - India

And if there was a Third v fourth play-off then it would go to Bangladesh, but I doubt there would be one (would be kind of pointless though and teams might give some of the squad members who didn't recieve much game time during the play-offs.) So maybe not.

Everybody wins, that is how I would do it personally but the likelyhood India will get a semi final.

Thoughts?

Craig

World Traveller
C_C said:
Disagree.
I am most definately not a reality-tv enthusiast in the common sense. I really am not interested to see a session of the parliament or ICC session meetings. They are mostly crooks, i am aware of that and i am not keen on seeing stupid leveraging or politically correct babble on television.
Well nobody said we had to watch it :ph34r: :p ;)

But we both now it will be a ratings hit.

adharcric

International Coach
Stop complaining like spoilt children, please. I'm a HUGE cricket fan and I haven't had the opportunity to attend a single international match in my life ... because I'm in the US.
Next year I'll fly to the Windies and get my first taste. Take that in perspective and don't take it for granted. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Better start saving.

Presumable Eden Gardens would host the final and that would be cool to go to a big match there.

For me:

Quart Final 1 - India
Quarter Final 2 - Pakistan
Quarter Final 3 - Sri Lanka
Quarter Final 4 - Bangladesh

Semi Final 1 - Pakistan
Semi Final 2 - Sri Lanka

Final - India

And if there was a Third v fourth play-off then it would go to Bangladesh, but I doubt there would be one (would be kind of pointless though and teams might give some of the squad members who didn't recieve much game time during the play-offs.) So maybe not.

Everybody wins, that is how I would do it personally but the likelyhood India will get a semi final.

Thoughts?
SL and Bangla wont get a semi or QF...