• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2011 World Cup Bid Vote - Another chance

Craig

World Traveller
Son Of Coco said:
There's always 4 or 5 others who want to come waltzing in and try to push the thread off topic!
Agreed.

The prospect of watching Rosalie Birch playing...:naughty:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
pasag said:
The word 'significant' doesnt really mean anything. As you say it could mean many many things, too broad to have any real meaning.
LE's English lesson for the day

Are you arguing that 'significant' is insignificant?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
(it's a shame only Kiwis would get that. It's one of my better calls... ;) )
I looked it up too - well done

(stores that one away for posterity and when Volty isn't looking)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
*bump*

Sri Lanka and Pakistan share the semi-finals, while India get the finals.

Hopefully the final will be in Chennai or some Southern venue, so both teams get equal travelling distances after the semis. However, doesn't look likely from an economic point of view.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/252718.html
How is it equal travelling distance(from SriLanka and Pakistan) if the Finals are in Chennai or southern India ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
I don't think there are any QF actually, its the Super 8. So SL and BD will get group matches and Super 8s and Pakistan, India will have the semis and final. I can't see them allowing us to have a semi.
I think in future you should give India little more credit for its fairness.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
What a pleasant surprise !! Sri Lankans will be jubilant over the Semi Final hosting rights. I hope they start building up SSC Grounds from now on to increase its capacity to 40,000 at least .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
How is it equal travelling distance(from SriLanka and Pakistan) if the Finals are in Chennai or southern India ?
True. Mumbai or even Bangalore would probably be better. I wanted a city on the western coast and of course messed up my geography. :mellow:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Samuel_Vimes said:
True. Mumbai or even Bangalore would probably be better. I wanted a city on the western coast and of course messed up my geography. :mellow:
Bangalore and Chennai won't be much of a difference, almost equivalent in the distance side of things.. I for one would want them to host it in either Delhi, Kolkota or Mumbai..