• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 23-30 of April

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

adharcric 2,000 posts
honestbharni 4,000 posts

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: luckyeddie for this click here we were not sure whether to award this post the Afridi or the Skull, quality stuff. :unsure:

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is: Goughy for this click here a thought provoking post, and a very original idea. Special mention to Clarence for ‘Would you face Brett Lee?’

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is:Swervy click here :laugh: A tough week, well done Swervy. Special mention to Voltman for this click here :laugh:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: LongHopCassidy, has been all over the boards this week, well done LHC :)

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: andyc click here We don’t mind admitting when we have made a mistake, so we could not let this prediction miss out on a Greigy

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Francis for this click here Okay then! :wacko:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: JASON, One of the most knowledgeable posters on CW and has contributed well this last week (PS bring back the SJS trivia).

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Francis. Has started some good threads and debated with a lot of common sense. Maybe the only week where someone wins both the Bradman and the Inzamam. :D

9. Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. This award is sponsored by Kit Kat for this week only. And the Winner is: DanielFullard, Getting closer each week to one of the biggies.

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Langeveldt, for his great action photos of Neil and Richard. click here

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gasp! My first award!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all my fans, my friends, and of course my family, without whom I wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you guys so much!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh and I got 9000 too. At least I think it was this week (shudders in the fact that I've made so many posts since then)

archie mac

International Coach
andyc said:
Oh and I got 9000 too. At least I think it was this week (shudders in the fact that I've made so many posts since then)
No worries, next week for you as well :)

cpr

International Coach
Well not many of them achieve great heights.
However, Voltmans special mention for the skull had me crying with laughter then. Sick, but so funny.

Congrats all

Langeveldt

Soutie
archie mac said:
10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Langeveldt, for his great action photos of Neil and Richard. click here
Hahah! Cheers!

Will this be awarded every week?

archie mac

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Hahah! Cheers!

Will this be awarded every week?
It would be great if we could, but not that many action photos are posted. So lets see some action photos of our members batting, bowling, appealing, catching (dropping), or even sledging :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks Archie and CW Management for my first ever award on CW.

I am deeply honoured and extremely humbled by this achievement , which I suspect will only be surpassed when I overtake Marc as the leading all time poster on CW. :laugh:

* Will dream now for a while * :laugh:

BTW Archie how much do I owe you for this ?:laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Thanks Archie and CW Management for my first ever award on CW.

I am deeply honoured and extremely humbled by this achievement , which I suspect will only be surpassed when I overtake Marc as the leading all time poster on CW. :laugh:

* Will dream now for a while * :laugh:

BTW Archie how much do I owe you for this ?:laugh:
If you support the Kangaroos in the AFL that will be payment enough (we need the supporters).

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
If you support the Kangaroos in the AFL that will be payment enough (we need the supporters).
I liked them when Dennis Pagan was coaching them , but not after Wayne Carey !!:laugh: :laugh:

My Team is Port Power .:)