• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your countries all time ODI eleven!!

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
Did a Kiwi bloke steal one of your girlfriends? That might explain this unhealthy disregard you have for NZ.

Anyway, I'll give it a quick stab.

1. Nathan Astle
2. Glenn Turner
3. Stephen Fleming
4. Martin Crowe
5. Chris Cairns
6. Chris Harris
7. Adam Parore
8. Sir Richard Hadee
9. Daniel Vettori
10. Shane Bond
11. Geoff Allott/Ewen Chatfield
Chatters over Allot i think

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
I considered Goodwin, but his record really isn't that great. He's not an opener and I really dont see him displacing any of the middle order players I listed.

Campbell averages more at a similar strike rate and really contributed a hell of a lot more to Zimbabwean cricket than Goodwin did. He also opened a fair bit where as Goodwin never really did so.
I would have Grant Flower open and Goodwin at 3, but each to their own, Campbell has his merits for selection as you have stated.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
For India
  • Tendulkar
  • Sehwag
  • Dravid
  • Azharuddin
  • Yuvraj
  • Jadeja
  • Kapil Dev
  • Nayan Mongia
  • Anil Kumble
  • Srinath
  • Prasad
Hopefully Irfan will score more runs and take more wickets, since he's a significantly betterfielder than Prasad. Then again, so are most of the current Indian ODI regulars. He's also a more effective bowler than Robin Singh, but that's just obvious! Another current regular I hope to see here is MS Dhoni, for Jadeja. Of course, if Irfan played, there would be a question who takes the ball first-change?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lanka XI

S Jayasuriya
R Kaluwitharana (wk)
M Atapattu
A De Silva
A Gurusinha
K Sangakkara
A Ranatunga (c)
U Chandana/Ravi Ratnayeke (depending on the pitch)
C Vaas
M Muralithran
Champaka Ramanayake

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Arjun said:
For India
  • Tendulkar
  • Sehwag
  • Dravid
  • Azharuddin
  • Yuvraj
  • Jadeja
  • Kapil Dev
  • Nayan Mongia
  • Anil Kumble
  • Srinath
  • Prasad
Hopefully Irfan will score more runs and take more wickets, since he's a significantly betterfielder than Prasad. Then again, so are most of the current Indian ODI regulars. He's also a more effective bowler than Robin Singh, but that's just obvious! Another current regular I hope to see here is MS Dhoni, for Jadeja. Of course, if Irfan played, there would be a question who takes the ball first-change?
There is NO REAL WAY that SEhwag > Ganguly in ODIs. Ganguly in for SEhwag in that side. And no Jadeja, he was not THAT good. Would rather have Shastri or even Vengsarkar there.

Raymond

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Vengsarkar
Kirmani
Kapil*
Kumble
Srinath
Chandra
Bedi

Jut think abt it

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
honestbharani said:
There is NO REAL WAY that SEhwag > Ganguly in ODIs. Ganguly in for SEhwag in that side. And no Jadeja, he was not THAT good. Would rather have Shastri or even Vengsarkar there.
Why not Sehwag? What has he not done? Shastri over Jadeja seems an interesting selection, but Jadeja has often been involved in innings-saving and often match-winning partnerships. Shastri's strike rate isn't too impressive, either, though he played in a different time. Not too sure about his fielding, but Vengsarkar, on the other hand, was hardly mobile on the field, and not a god fir in ODI's.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Raymond said:
Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Vengsarkar
Kirmani
Kapil*
Kumble
Srinath
Chandra
Bedi

Jut think abt it
Half the side is an obvious pick, but then
  • Gavaskar was responsible for that disgraceful 36 not out in 60 overs in the 1975 World Cup. Really strange selection.
  • Vengsarkar's fielding was often a weakness.
  • Bedi and Chandra were good spin bowlers but useless otherwise. We're talking of ODI's here.
  • Two seamers and three spinners? That's an unusual bowling lineup.

Raymond

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Arjun said:
Half the side is an obvious pick, but then
  • Gavaskar was responsible for that disgraceful 36 not out in 60 overs in the 1975 World Cup. Really strange selection.
  • Vengsarkar's fielding was often a weakness.
  • Bedi and Chandra were good spin bowlers but useless otherwise. We're talking of ODI's here.
  • Two seamers and three spinners? That's an unusual bowling lineup.

Oh Fiddlesticks...this was abt ODI's uh oh!

ODI

Sachin
+

Whatever

Beleg

International Regular
Pakistan:

1. Saeed Anwar
2. Aamir Sohail
3. Zaheer Abbas
4. Miandad
5. Inzamam
6. Imran Khan - C
7. Moin Khan - WK
8. Wasim Akram
9. Saqlain Mushtaq
10. Waqar Younis
11. Shoaib Akhtar

C_C

International Captain
India :

Sachin Tendulkar
Saurav Ganguly(capt)
Rahul Dravid(wkt)
Mohammad Azharuddin
Ajay Jadeja
Yuvraj Singh
Kapil Dev
Irfan Pathan
Javagal Srinath
Harbhajan Singh
Anil Kumble

C_C

International Captain
Beleg said:
Pakistan:

1. Saeed Anwar
2. Aamir Sohail
3. Zaheer Abbas
4. Miandad
5. Inzamam
6. Imran Khan - C
7. Moin Khan - WK
8. Wasim Akram
9. Saqlain Mushtaq
10. Waqar Younis
11. Shoaib Akhtar

Agree with most of your selection- except for Sohail. I would rather have Ijaz instead.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Voltman said:
Did a Kiwi bloke steal one of your girlfriends? That might explain this unhealthy disregard you have for NZ.

Anyway, I'll give it a quick stab.

1. Nathan Astle
2. Glenn Turner
3. Stephen Fleming
4. Martin Crowe
5. Chris Cairns
6. Chris Harris
7. Adam Parore
8. Sir Richard Hadee
9. Daniel Vettori
10. Shane Bond
11. Geoff Allott/Ewen Chatfield
Which message are you refering to i can't see any post by Francis....

Autobahn

State 12th Man
BoyBrumby said:
I'll have a go at an England XI, although there's quite a high percentage of neo-colonials in there....

Nick Knight
Marcus Trescothick
Graeme Hick
Allan Lamb
Kevin Pietersen
Ian Botham
Andrew Flintoff*
Alec Stewart+
Darren Gough
Derek Underwood
Alan Mullally

Thorpey & Fairbrother are the two who're probably the most unlucky to miss out, but with Stewie coming in at 8 I think the batting probably has enough depth. "Deadly" gets the spinning berth almost by default, didn't play all the much but he's comfortably the best English spinner to have played in ODIs.
I don't know there's a temptation to replace underwood with ray illingworth, even though he didn't play many ODI's, that promise of an equally tight-fisted spinner who also brings a bit more batting to the table is something you can't ignore.

It's a very good line-up though i would replace Mullally with bob willis who i think was quite good in ODI's.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
that's just cowardly, what happened to publish and be damned?
I deleted my posts because they were going off topic. If it's not related to the thread I might as well delete it? I know this guy who runs a website who pays 300 quid a month or so to keep it going... so it's important not to waste space me thinks.