• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most entertaining XI

Fusion

Global Moderator
Cool thread Francis. I may or may not agree with you, but your threads/posts are always fun to read!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
James90 said:
1. Afridi
2. Slater
3. Ponting
4. Tendulkar
5. Lara
6. Flintoff
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne
9. Malinga
10. Muralitharan
11. Bond

Notable mentions go to Lance Klusener and both Waugh's
Thankyou! It took a whole page...

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Martin Crowe was a delight to watch when in the mood. And he has great stats inspite of being pushed in too early, in his own words.
Yeah you'd think the Kiwi's would know a good cricketer when they see one... or maybe not? He's not a hard pick to explain. Man of the tournament in the '92 world cup as well.

And if I were doing an ODI side, Lance Klusener would be right at the top for me. Really loved watching him in the 1999 World Cup. Just nothing anybody could do unless he ran himself out. Sad that so few people will know or remember how invincible he once was because for a while, he was the number one reason that SA were arguably the number one ODI side in the world. Seriously, does anybody remember how red hot favorites SA were in 1999?

Blaze

Banned
ODI TEAM

Adam Gilchrist
Sanath Jayasuriya
Brian Lara
Martin Crowe
Viv Richards
Chris Cairns
Shahid Afridi
Lance Klusener
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Shane Bond

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
A Test side made up of players I've seen a lot of (so no Viv etc. as I've seen very little) and find entertaining to watch:
Sehwag
Slater
Lara
Tendulkar
+Sangakkara
Flintoff
Wasim
Warne
Donald
Murali
Ambrose

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For me,

Tendulkar
Lara
Richards
Miandad
Bevan
Rhodes
Gilchrist(wk)
Warne
Ambrose
Murali
McGrath

Beat that side in an ODI. :D

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I got it perfectly, I was just fobbing off your point because you think I have a vendetta against NZ. You shouldn't be suprised that Crowe made it.

C_C

International Captain
Most Entertaining :

Sehwag
Greenidge
Richards
Tendulkar
Vishwanath/Lawrence Rowe/Lara/Gower ( cant deciede)
Sobers
Gillchrist
Wasim
Holding
Murali
Donald

deeps

International 12th Man
yeh surprised it took a whole page for someone to mention Shahid Afridi

my lineup:

Shahid Afridi
Saeed Anwar
Rahul Dravid
Kevin Pieterson
Sachin Tendulkar
Andrew Flintoff
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Waqar Younis
Curtly Ambrose

12th Man: Lance Klusener

That lineup would not just be entertaining and exquisite to watch, they would win most of their matches too ;)

C_C

International Captain
deeps said:
yeh surprised it took a whole page for someone to mention Shahid Afridi
It was tough for me to leave out Afridi but he simply isnt consistent enough/has enough exposure in test cricket for me to include him ahead of Greenidge or Sehwag - and i was compiling a test side.

That lineup would not just be entertaining and exquisite to watch, they would win most of their matches too ;)
True but if you want to keep ' most entertaining' as a factor, you wont be able to compile the 'best possible team' for winning matchups and i think most people's picks here are pretty competent a lineup. But at the end of the day, a Mark Waugh or Carl Hooper are infinitely more entertaining than a Steve Waugh or Jacques Kallis.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
My selection for Tests - (based on entertainers/fighters/exciting performers)

Desmond Haynes
Gordon Greenidge
Viv Richards
Sachin Tendulkar
Ricky Ponting (Captain)
Javed Miandad
Adam Gilchrist
Kapil Dev
Imran Khan
Sir Richard Hadlee /Andrew Flintoff
Shane Warne

My selection for ODIs