• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Power Cricket

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Hi

Anyone watching POWER CRICKET between Britain and Rest of the World at the Millenium Stadium.

If you haven't, catch it live on Sky Sports and Ten Sports.

Your opinions and comments are welcome.

Thanks.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah and I would be so lucky...why can't they show it on some terrestrial channels...I mean its taking place in Wales and yet I miss seeing it, well the same happened with the Wales-England game...I gotta try and tune my tv to Welsh channels, the Welsh got it on their channels, the whole of England had to have sky to see it. If they don't have sky like me (why won't they just do a sports channel deal rather than Films and Sports for way too much) then its back to the glory that is Teletext, that and Cricinfo.

Rich2001

International Captain
A couple of things first it's good to see the Kent players doing well (well I have to say it don't i :P )

Second in the local news they were saying about the game (because of the Kent players) and they had a quick view of Fulton hitting a fine shot (on his way to top scoring Marc :P ) and the ground was empty... no really I had trouble finding a person... I thought this idea was created to bring excitment to the game and get people to go and watch the cricket.....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, Where do I start?

This ranks as one of the stupidest ideas of all time - alongside whoever's it was out of John and Edwina, anyway.

Bonus areas on the ground reminds me of, I don't know what it reminds me of, something I read somewhere about playing on a giant petrol can. Ten runs for one shot is crap. Utter crap. It's what you play in the back garden for hitting the ball into the middle of the hedge without bouncing.

If no-one turned up to watch then there's no excuse for its continuance. End.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
Bonus areas on the ground reminds me of, I don't know what it reminds me of, something I read somewhere about playing on a giant petrol can. Ten runs for one shot is crap. Utter crap. It's what you play in the back garden for hitting the ball into the middle of the hedge without bouncing.
Hey Neil, from what I heard it was going to be simalar to the NZ idea of state max, however the bouns scoring runs weren't from hitting the ball into certianly areas but instead extra runs were awared for the following.

"The adapted rules, in which attacking play and big-hitting was rewarded, suited the talented overseas line-up, which included Wasim Akram and Muttiah Muralitharan. Eight runs were available for a hit into the second tier, 10 runs for the third tier and 12 is a player managed to hit the Cardiff roof."

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Still crap..

All it does is turn it into a slog-fest with real cricket going out the window. That's closer to baseball than cricket.

End it Now, I pray you ECB/ICC/Whoever..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
"The adapted rules, in which attacking play and big-hitting was rewarded, suited the talented overseas line-up, which included Wasim Akram and Muttiah Muralitharan. Eight runs were available for a hit into the second tier, 10 runs for the third tier and 12 is a player managed to hit the Cardiff roof."
2 things.

In that case how did ROW score a 9?

What happens if the next series is played at Edgebaston - only 1 tier, and hitting the roof in Cardiff would be impossible.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
2 things.

In that case how did ROW score a 9?

What happens if the next series is played at Edgebaston - only 1 tier, and hitting the roof in Cardiff would be impossible.
9 - No Ball + hit the 2nd tier

Rich2001

International Captain
It won't be Power Cricket is Indoor Cricket, meaning unless Edgebaston build a roof around the ground quickly it won't be happening any time soon :D

Kimbo

International Debutant
Max cricket sounds way better than power cricket because it rewards straight hitting. That tier thing definitely reminds me of backyard cricket. Backyard cricket rules should stay in the backyard. Otherwise backyard cricket won't seem fun anymore:pig:

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Still crap..

All it does is turn it into a slog-fest with real cricket going out the window. That's closer to baseball than cricket.

End it Now, I pray you ECB/ICC/Whoever..
Still then...it's fun to watch and you'll have to take it as it is. Real cricket is a different thing altogether.

There's no comparison at all.

Just enjoy the POWER HITTING.
(It's not that easy though...):baddevil:

Rich2001

International Captain
:D I can tell, Kent's M.Saggers currently has figures of 2-4-3

:D :D :D :D
Now figures of: MJ Saggers 5-0-18-5 @ 3.60 (0nb, 0w)

:D :D :D :D

Also a super piece of batting by PA de Silva - 61 of 20 balls :O

And this just happened :O

7.1 - Fleming to Shahid Afridi, nine runs Shahid Afridi is the first batsman to hit the roof and gets 12, taking him to 34

:O :O :O :O

[Edited on 5/10/02 by Rich2001]

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes well would you say that Afridi is particually used to doing anything normally?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hitting the roof in Cardiff would be impossible.
Originally posted by Rich2001
Shahid Afridi is the first batsman to hit the roof and gets 12, taking him to 34.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Right Neil, if you read my post I said playing at Edgbaston hitting the roof in Cardiff would be impossible. I claim a point for you deliberately misquoting me.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
7.1 - Fleming to Shahid Afridi, nine runs Shahid Afridi is the first batsman to hit the roof and gets 12, taking him to 34
Does cricinfo think he got 9 or 12?

Also, what happens if he's caught off the roof, 12 and out?!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I wonder how important that extra delivery for the England XVI was - 3 runs short of victory...