• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****OFFICIAL**** Lara vs Tendulkar Debate Thread

Sir Alex

Banned
And he no longer is, hasn't been for long. He plays far fewer ODIs too. You'd want to re-evaluate your opinion of FC cricket in the pioneering days before throwing the lols around.
Lol you are taking as if you saw Rhodes' every match. Please gimme a break sir.

Just checkout the game preceding that 200* knock. A spectacular boundary save by Tendulkar was the final difference (India won by 1 run).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ignoring the stupid first line,

Tendulkar has played on 57 different test grounds and 95 different ODI grounds in his career. I am not challenging you, but I'll be hugely surprised if someone tops that.
Maybe not now but in the near future, esp. given that INdia expanded its ODI and test centres DURING Sachin's career.. Maybe if they expand even more, Dhoni will break it soon. What then? Dhoni better than Sachin?

Sir Alex

Banned
Good for him. All this post does is further demonstrate your lack of knowledge of the importance of FC cricket back then.
Coming from a person who makes claim like Rhodes used to run and dive around the ground till his last match, :laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So how many such tours used to happen? And with what regularity?

These days player do as many as 3 tours every single year.

I am no way denigrading the effort that those people took in the earlier half of 1900s for such tour. But fact is the effort they took is no way comparable to what cricketers are taking now. They have to adapt to different conditions very quickly, as there are hardly any FC fixtures to "get yourselves in". All that takes a toll.
:wallbash:

Sir Alex

Banned
Maybe not now but in the near future, esp. given that INdia expanded its ODI and test centres DURING Sachin's career.. Maybe if they expand even more, Dhoni will break it soon. What then? Dhoni better than Sachin?
Who claimed this was an indicator of a player's prowess? Don't make silly assumptions.

If Dhoni breaks it (looks hugely unlikely - 34 test grounds and 64 ODI grounds so far), good on him. Shows his ability to adapt if he does well.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol you are taking as if you saw Rhodes' every match. Please gimme a break sir.

Just checkout the game preceding that 200* knock. A spectacular boundary save by Tendulkar was the final difference (India won by 1 run).
yeah.. coz only if that HAD gone through, SA would have won. The other great saves (saving more than 1 even) and wickets meant nothing.. 8-)

Sir Alex

Banned
yeah.. coz only if that HAD gone through, SA would have won. The other great saves (saving more than 1 even) and wickets meant nothing.. 8-)
Pointless. We are not arguing whether that save made a difference ( it did), but whether Sachin still runs and dives around as he used to in his prime. Please do not try to deviate the argument.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Just going to say something that came to my mind now. hb talking down on "Sachin worship" that happens here all the time is more annoying than the "sachin worship" itself. At every opportunity he gets too. Irritating tstl.

Apologies to hb if he doesn't like what I say, just speaking my mind here.

PS: Alex, stfu.

Sir Alex

Banned
Just going to say something that came to my mind now. hb talking down on "Sachin worship" that happens here all the time is more annoying than the "sachin worship" itself. At every opportunity he gets too. Irritating tstl.

Shri, stop pseudomoderating :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

would love to know where I have mentioned "Sachin worship" apart from this thread and the 100 international hundreds thread.. Links Shri? :)

And yeah, I don't like it when I get criticized without facts...

Shri

Mr. Glass
would love to know where I have mentioned "Sachin worship" apart from this thread and the 100 international hundreds thread.. Links Shri? :)

And yeah, I don't like it when I get criticized without facts...
Not all over CC like some sort of troll, just in this thread. Its annoying.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Got any other word that fits aptly to what SA does?

Maybe you are right.. Trolling might be an alternative.. :p
Lol he has a chick's pick in his avy. nuff said.:p

Nah, you are too nice in general to be a troll, just found it annoying in this one instance.

So derailing a thread by calling others trolls and whatever is okay,but talking about Tendu in a thread about him,even if it is OTT praise,is not?

Some posters are trying too hard to show that they are "neutral" and "fair".To counter the supposed Tendu fan-boyism,the aforementioned poster(s) are themselves,whether knowingly or not,degrading Tendu's achievements - or may be the term 'Lara fan-boys' would be more apt here? 8-)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Upset at the fighting and attacks going on here, Sachin decides he will drive far far far away from this thread. Lara plans to follow...

And he does.

See ya later suckas.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Guys, please cut out the insults and the troll accusations. This is a great thread for debate. I’d hate to see it locked because tempers got out of control. :)