Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Channel Nine - Warne In; Chappell, Greig Under Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    Mark Nicholas is not bad, though!
    not even close, that man rocks when he commentates..

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Ian Healy is awful. He is the worst commentator in world cricket.
    not even close, i've heard worse in Mainder Singh, Amair Sohail, Srinath, Cullinan..

Quote Originally Posted by armchairumpire
    NZ commentators - Ian Smith and Jeremy Coney take the biscuit for biased commentary!
    Richly ironic coming from an Australian.

Ian Smith admitted he has to give it to you Aussies when he's in the Channel 9 commentary box or New Zealanders would barely be praised for their good efforts on the field - which the likes of Bill Lawry only ever mark down as a mistake by the Australians.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy
    Never heard of Pat Symcox, Allan Donald and Daryll Cullinan?
    Of course I have.

I mean they have had guys who only played only FC cricket as commentators and they are the ones I am talking about.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman

Ian Smith admitted he has to give it to you Aussies when he's in the Channel 9 commentary box or New Zealanders would barely be praised for their good efforts on the field - which the likes of Bill Lawry only ever mark down as a mistake by the Australians.
    They talk too much! Have you noticed how Richie says more with less?

Bring Karen O Keefe !!
    -The story in a nutshell is three college dorm students who seek ultimate highs by purchasing and using a bong that is possessed by an evil spirit.

I don't mind Tony staying, if some force of nature can stop him flogging crap merchandise. Ian Chappel annoys me - which is a shame because as previously mentioned he has some good anecdotes (at least the first twenty times you here them) and offers good insights. But he's irritating because he can't move past captaincy mistakes as he sees them (prob understandable given his passion for the game and the fact he knows whereof he speaks) but instead just keeps mentioning it over and over and over and over and over again.

Richie is still the king. As armchairumpire said, says less with more, can make silence talk, and keeps some perspective, whilst still thoroughly enjoying each moment. He's going to be irreplaceable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    The teacher in me gets ****ed off when Warnie is not made to feel the consequences of his actions. Simone should have kicked him out of the house rather than let him stay@!

But, the cricket fan in me hails any attempt to get Chappeli out of the commentary box.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    I don't mind Greig. He's comic relief and a decent commentator. He was part of the best commentary team I've seen in England for the last Ashes, and didn't do it any harm. Chappell is usually a pretty good commentator, but I'd be pleased to see Lawry go. He's just a joke these days.
    I think he has always been one, to be honest. One of the most ridiculously biased commentators in the world, up there with the Symcoxes, Sidhus, Athertons, Rameez Rajas.

But he does bring in a bit of excitement to the game.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman

But him cheering on New Zealand against the Windies and ranting about a decision or two that is given against them is the height of biassed commentating. I am sorry, I would rather hear Srinath and Waqar Younis commentate together than Ian Smith at any time. At least those two are just pathetic. Smith is biased AND pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by armchairumpire
    They talk too much! Have you noticed how Richie says more with less?
    not these days. He thinks he says more with less, but he is actually saying less with less these days. And that less is rather biased as well.

U19 Cricketer
    I didn't think much of Warne's earlier commentary stint, but he can't be worse than Greig. Get rid of him

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Joao_Quinto's Avatar
    Anyone but Nicholas is fine. I would rather have the commentary in Ukrainian than have to listen to that twit carry on. Hands down, the most annoying man ever to step into a commentary box.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joao_Quinto
    Anyone but Nicholas is fine. I would rather have the commentary in Ukrainian than have to listen to that twit carry on. Hands down, the most annoying man ever to step into a commentary box.
    I disagree, I think Mark Nicholas is a very good commentator and is very articulate and sounds delightful to listen to, perhaps its his accent I'm not sure but I thoroughly enjoy listening to him. My personal favourite commentator as he speaks with grace and ease.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joao_Quinto

i agree with that
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information