• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spinners in a spin

brockley

International Captain
Brad hogg says he wants to play 4 day cricket and CA wants him to play 4 day cricket and he will shift him and his family to the eastern states to do so,because beau casson is the no 1 spinner in WA.
Now word is on the street casson has signed with NSW,dunno if its true or not,but it sure leaves a connundrem for the 2.
Brad hogg only played one dayers for WA last season.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The rumour that Beau Casson is coming to NSW has been going around for two years now, when i here something official i will believe. I don't now why Casson would move states when he plays pretty much every game for WA.

If Hogg wants out of WA he should move to Tasmania or QLD.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure if I should say this or not, but his older brother in Shanghai was telling me that there was a chance of him moving to NSW, but that was about a year ago so I'm not sure how it's panning out. To Tharmi's post, I guess him moving to NSW gives him a chance to play on a real spinners wicket more often, and to get some advice from MacGill.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
SCG is not really a real spinner pitch, in comparsion to the rest of the world. Also if he moved to NSW then he might find him only playing when MacGill is on international duty. But they played two spinners at the end of the last season, cus of how crap the seamers were preforming, so you never now.