• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who U think to be the most explosive one day batsman ever

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Adam Gilchrist

I think KP is turning into one of the best one-day batsmen I have ever seen so maybe down the line he can take the top spot in my list for this thread but at the moment its hard to look past Gilchrist. Afridi would be a distant second but for my money when judging "explosivness" Gilchrist must come first

And what about Dhoni? 'Explosive' is the perfect word to describe some of his marvellous innings

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
silentstriker said:
And please, get MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh and about half that list off. Thats just embarrasing.
Can you get over the Mumbai test or are we going to see a continuation of this sorta nutty stuff on and on and on...How isn't Dhoni not an explosive batsmen and Yuvi might not be as explosive as an Afridi/Symonds/Dhoni/KP but he can score at a blazing speed when he wants too. So pleas explain to me in what context doesn't he fall in that list?

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
From that list, when he gets going its Shahid Afridi but for his consistency, otherwise for consistency its Viv Richards.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
kvemuri said:
Can you get over the Mumbai test or are we going to see a continuation of this sorta nutty stuff on and on and on...How isn't Dhoni not an explosive batsmen and Yuvi might not be as explosive as an Afridi/Symonds/Dhoni/KP but he can score at a blazing speed when he wants too. So pleas explain to me in what context doesn't he fall in that list?

I did not deny Dhoni is an explosive batsman. I am saying that its embarrasing to compare him to players like Tendulkar and Richards by putting them on the same list.

This has nothing to do with Mumbai. Please don't get me started on that test. I've actually stopped commenting on that for the past couple weeks.

ravos

Cricket Spectator
silentstriker said:
And please, get MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh and about half that list off. Thats just embarrasing.

And Kallis....explosive? If you had to pick 100 words to describe the way Kallis bats, explosive would not be one of them.
OH MY GOD
how can you not call Dhoni explosive, of late he has been trying a new side to his game, but he can be as aggressive as Gilchrist on his day...you just need to see the ODIs in the pakistan series to work that out.
where do these crazy people come from?
ganguly and sehwag can be pretty explosive as well, but i gotta say that KP and hussey are deffo the ones leading the way at the moment

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
One man - Afridi - explosive in so many ways.

Explosive when he comes off and blasts a rapid-fire century, explosive the way the wheels can fly off, explosive in the way the toys fly out of the pram (his 'retirement' from tests) and an explosive dance step when he thinks no-one's looking.

adharcric

International Coach
Anyone suggesting that Dhoni is not one of the most explosive players around today is a little out of it. Silentstriker, you're right about one thing .. Dhoni and Yuvraj shouldn't be compared with the likes of Sachin and Viv as batsmen. But they can be compared (especially Dhoni) with them and the other explosive batsmen of all-time. We're not talking about the quality of batsmen, we're talking about the explosiveness. Yuvraj can't quite be compared to Afridi, but Dhoni can to an extent.