• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would you face Brett Lee?

oz_fan

International Regular
Swervy said:
what a great thread...62 views..61 posts...an afridi like strike rate
What started off with an Afridi strike rate has turned into a Gillespie marathon..80 replies and 640 views.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Yeah, but can you imagine how much it would hurt to get hit in the groinal region by a cricket ball going at 150kph?
Smaller target.

...much smaller, in your case :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, I have got two little ones @ home. I will not face Brett Lee even with all the protective gears.

Shounak

Banned
Jeez, I've faced a bowling machine at 160km/h.. It's scary at first, but you get used to it..

Even got hit on the thigh, without a thigh pad.. Bruise stayed for ages, but it was memorable..

I'd definitely face Lee.. It'd be mad fun.. I'd pay to do it..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol :p

Well if you've done all the 'flowering' you aimed to do for the rest of your life, and no more kids are part of the equation, Brett Lee hitting you in the testicles wouldn't really do too much damage.

Actually, wouldn't they get bigger?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
I think that facing McGrath, Murali or Warne would be a better examination of my batting talent (or lack of) to be honest, so I'd rather face them. But to answer the question yeah, of course I would, and I'd bloody love the opportunity.

E2A: Pads and helmet, my bat would protect me knackers.

Last edited:

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
benchmark00 said:
I'd do these ones:

I'd be as scared to attempt to sweep Lee as I would hook.

I'd take the pads and box, he wouldn't aim a bouncer at a rookies head especially with no helmet.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Jono said:
Lol :p

Well if you've done all the 'flowering' you aimed to do for the rest of your life, and no more kids are part of the equation, Brett Lee hitting you in the testicles wouldn't really do too much damage.

Actually, wouldn't they get bigger?

Not Testicles, stick to the pattern.. It's Groinal

pasag

RTDAS
My fireman took a whacking yesterday and now its bruised and very painful. Just the though of Brett Lee bowling at me like that makes it hurt. But just the chance to meet him, would make it all worth it. He seems like such a nice bloke, not abit of arrogance or ego.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
oz_fan said:
What started off with an Afridi strike rate has turned into a Gillespie marathon..80 replies and 640 views.
Gillespie got on strike and the power play was over.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'd face him....I'd come down the pitch a full two strides and then get down and play the sweep shot :cool:

/That way, at least my groinal area would be protected

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Theres nothing worse than when people crowd around you when you get injured. Its really annoying.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Of course I would.....evbenif I wasn't allowed anything other than a bat! Id choose pads and a helmet if allowed 2

Id probably score a modest 10 although might hold back so as not to embarras the chap. But infact, Brett Lee would be the one needing protection as I would aim for the head