• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

500 Club!

AravindaTheMan

Cricket Spectator
Originally posted by hourn

Murali will play to his 40.

1. off spin bowling is not stressful on the body.
2. to add to that, he has the most stress free "action".

He'll pick up 800 test wickets and about 600 in the one day game depending on how many games Sri Lanka play a year.
Atmost he will play till 36-37, 40 years is too much besides, there are young spinners comming up in SL who will take his place in some years!

Bazza

International 12th Man
Murali playing until he's 40 and taking 800/600 wickets is absurd. He will probably beat Walsh and get 600 test wickets but never 800. Nobody will ever get that many. Anyway Murali has had tons of injuries and problems, I would say his action is more stressful than a normal finger spinner.

As for Kumble, well he has pulled out of the NZ tour, so it looks like the beginning of the end for him.

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
murli can easily reach 500 mark in one-day.and will also make it to 600 in test matches.and it will be very hard for any player to reach that far.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Go_India
murli can easily reach 500 mark in one-day.and will also make it to 600 in test matches.and it will be very hard for any player to reach that far.
He is too far away for u to actually say that he will get there 'easily' he is facing injury problems right at this moment.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by CricketGuru
He is too far away for u to actually say that he will get there 'easily' he is facing injury problems right at this moment.
..but he is the only one who looks likely to get there.

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by anilramavarma
..but he is the only one who looks likely to get there.
I am not saying that he might not get there i was just saying he might not get there 'easily' as suggested by Go_India, that was what i was trying to say

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm not so sure he is injured here.

He pulled out of the Natwest Series earlier this year with an "injury"

He's now out of the 3 nation Tournament in Australia with an "injury"

Note that in both series he would've had to play against England - it's too much of a co-incidence to me, he's clearly scared of playing against the English team as we're obviously too good for him!

Bear in mind, he tried to avoid playing us in the Tests this summer, but got persuaded to play as they had no-one else capable.

The truth is out!

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by marc71178

Note that in both series he would've had to play against England - it's too much of a co-incidence to me, he's clearly scared of playing against the English team as we're obviously too good for him!

Bear in mind, he tried to avoid playing us in the Tests this summer, but got persuaded to play as they had no-one else capable.

The truth is out!
i dont know why i sometimes have this feeling that you are an agent of CIA (Cricketing Intelligence Agency) :lol:

Lets see, Murali is above 30 years of age.He has 297 wkts in 200 ODI , i.e he gets 1.48 wkts per match on ave.So if he has to get 500 wkts in ODI , then he has to play right uptill the age of 37-38 years atleast to get to it(20 matches /yr) and he must not miss matches coz of injury.Looks extremely tuff, as noone plays upto an age of 38 these days, and above all he's already injured right now!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by marc71178

The truth is out!
i dont know why i sometimes have this feeling that you are an agent of CIA (Cricketing Intelligence Agency) :lol:
It was posted with my tounge firmly in my cheek.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by TendulkarMark2Lets see, Murali is above 30 years of age.He has 297 wkts in 200 ODI , i.e he gets 1.48 wkts per match on ave.So if he has to get 500 wkts in ODI , then he has to play right uptill the age of 37-38 years atleast to get to it(20 matches /yr) and he must not miss matches coz of injury.Looks extremely tuff, as noone plays upto an age of 38 these days, and above all he's already injured right now!!
Sri Lanka easily play 30+ ODIs a year so he could probably do it by about 35, but I still do not think he will get much more than 500 in either form of the game.