Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponting pleads 'give us a break'.....give ME a break !!

Ponting pleads 'give us a break'.....give ME a break !!

I love Punter as much as any Aussie cricket fan does but I don't want to hear that International cricketers play too much cricket - NOT FROM PUNTER OR NOT FROM ANYONE !

I say to Punter - STOP WHINGING....you're getting paid a fortune to entertain us, you've got a great life, you travel the world with your mates and you play sport all the time which is what you love anyway.

You haven't got any kids (or does he... I can't remember now??) and neither do most of your mates and if you think you're working too hard you can just as easily quit whenever you want and get another job.

You're just about to take 7 months paid leave for christ's sake (from test cricket anyway) so just shut your gob, get into the nets and hit some blooody thrown downs and concentrate on getting that blooody urn back instead of whinging about how hard your life is.

Thank you - I feel better now.

Beautiful. Wish I got 7 months paid leave after travelling around the world for a living.

Reckon he was just making excuses for nearly being toppled by the mighty Bangles.
    We will NEVER forgive "Umpire" Ian Robinson

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    The threads title has some disturbing similarities with the following news article.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23212,00.html

Still I agree, Ponting did sound abit pretentious.

Yeah I'm over the repeating claims of too much cricket now. I think we get the point.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjeremy11
    Beautiful. Wish I got 7 months paid leave after travelling around the world for a living.

Reckon he was just making excuses for nearly being toppled by the mighty Bangles.
    Speaking of travelling...Nah better not say- just a bit of goss.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Complicated
    The threads title has some disturbing similarities with the following news article.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23212,00.html

Still I agree, Ponting did sound abit pretentious.

you're right...it does. I actually haven't read any articles on it. I just saw Pontings quote on cricinfo and when I clicked on the article it didn't come up so I didn't know what was in it.

But I assumed it would annoy me.

TOO MUCH CRICKET??? I don't get to play ENOUGH cricket....and you don't hear me complaining !

Quote Originally Posted by sqwerty
    I love Punter as much as any Aussie cricket fan does but I don't want to hear that International cricketers play too much cricket - NOT FROM PUNTER OR NOT FROM ANYONE !

I say to Punter - STOP WHINGING....you're getting paid a fortune to entertain us, you've got a great life, you travel the world with your mates and you play sport all the time which is what you love anyway.

You haven't got any kids (or does he... I can't remember now??) and neither do most of your mates and if you think you're working too hard you can just as easily quit whenever you want and get another job.

You're just about to take 7 months paid leave for christ's sake (from test cricket anyway) so just shut your gob, get into the nets and hit some blooody thrown downs and concentrate on getting that blooody urn back instead of whinging about how hard your life is.

You've been spending too much time with Sunil Gavaskar lately.

Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn
    Speaking of travelling...Nah better not say- just a bit of goss.
    ok...so who's been naughty then?

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    ok...so who's been naughty then?
    Not really naughty, just amusing.

If they cut the national team schedule down he would end up chasing $$$$$ in England rather than putting the feet up I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Birtannia
    If they cut the national team schedule down he would end up chasing $$$$$ in England rather than putting the feet up I bet.
    Fair point, Warney looks a bit below-par (by his own standards) just lately & his sholuder is held together with chewing gum & will-power but he's about to play a full season for Hants.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    The simple fact of the matter, for me, is that the international calender has been bloated for 20 years and more.
    It's been getting steadily worse and worse in the last 10 years or so.
    I don't think anyone can really get the impression of what it's like to travel so much, even if you are travelling to do something you love, unless you do it.
    IMO there's too much travel in the international calender at the moment. While 7 months off might be an antidote, it's very much only a temporary one.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar

thats a first class rant mate and well thought out and so on
    nice one
    Maria - Due December

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    "So this is what it feels like to be on top of a batsmen".
    RIP Fardin Qayummi - 15th April 2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I think they're pretty justified in their complaints. Yes, they have a big break coming up, but that break should be spread out in between individual tests or series, rather than having 10 tests in two months and then having a three month break.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Make no sense to me the Australia's scedule is so packed, then they have 5 free months. Same with England. I just think they should space out the series a bit.

I think there are some Australian's who should be concerned that guys like McGrath will be playing in the Ashes, and yet haven't bowled in nearly a year! Both teams wont be well practiced, but at least there's county cricket.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information