• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting pleads 'give us a break'.....give ME a break !!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
You think I don't know that a company makes Kit-Kats?

So please tell me how I think they come into being?
The signature attempts to mock the dislike of KitKats - suggesting that a chocolate-biscuit is the source of the problem, when clearly it's the company that manufactures them.
The signature is just sending you up for what you are, a self-opiniated windbag with about as much respect on here as Robert Mugabe.
Nope, far more I can assure you of that.

howardj

International Coach
Richard said:
Well, sometimes it's meant to be patronising.
If anyone didn't understand about the Campaign Against Nestlé, I'd say they deserve some patronisation.
Errr, that's not a word.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
Well, sometimes it's meant to be patronising.
If anyone didn't understand about the Campaign Against Nestlé, I'd say they deserve some patronisation.
So how's about Shell, Texaco, Coca Cola, McDonalds and the others on the list?

Or pretty well every pharmaceutical company in the history of the world (one of whom, whilst I was working for them, were asked to produce aerosols with strychnine nitrate in them) ?

Or Tesco? They are single-handedly attempting to sabotage the 'voluntary' food-labelling codes of practice that all the other large supermarkets are currently implementing (even Asda, subsidiary of the evil Wal-Mart).

And when you boycott Nestlé, do you boycott Buitoni, Cross and Blackwell, Branston, Perrier, Lean Cuisine and about 150 others?

I hope so.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
The signature attempts to mock the dislike of KitKats - suggesting that a chocolate-biscuit is the source of the problem, when clearly it's the company that manufactures them.
Sorry, but what on Earth makes you think you can tell me what MY signature means?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
While I agree with the criticisms of the company (obviously), it's typical Richard to mericlessly jump down someone's throat for mentioning a Nestle product in passing in a thread on a completely different topic.

Obviously it wasn't seriously proposing that anyone eat the bloody chocolate, it was a reference to the ad campaign, and attacking someone for making a completely innocent statement is just absurd. For all you knew he already boycotted the company.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richard said:
I'd say it's a chocolate-biscuit. 8-)
Depends on one's definition.

If I were to ask someone to get me a Kit Kat without saying the actualy words 'Kit Kat', I'd go "Could ya grab me a chocolate".

Whereas a Tim Tam is more a chocolate biscuit. Kit Kats are just chocolate with wafer.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
Depends on one's definition.

If I were to ask someone to get me a Kit Kat without saying the actualy words 'Kit Kat', I'd go "Could ya grab me a chocolate".

Whereas a Tim Tam is more a chocolate biscuit. Kit Kats are just chocolate with wafer.
Definitely. That said, it'd be a hard choice deciding between a Tim Tam and a Kit-Kat.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Im a big fan of these new Boost bars. I think its boost or something similiar, by Cadbury. The one from the ad with all those guys with afros getting haircuts.

They are so yummy, i had three of them. Bit of a rip off but it was at a servo.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Im a big fan of these new Boost bars. I think its boost or something similiar, by Cadbury. The one from the ad with all those guys with afros getting haircuts.

They are so yummy, i had three of them. Bit of a rip off but it was at a servo.
Do you ever not get ripped off? Seriously, you should do your shopping in Dubbo, imagine the savings!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
Do you ever not get ripped off? Seriously, you should do your shopping in Dubbo, imagine the savings!
Is $3.05 for a chocolate bar cheap for you? Im sorry im not Mr Money Bags.

Why would i want to go to Dubbo...crap place.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
Is $3.05 for a chocolate bar cheap for you? Im sorry im not Mr Money Bags.

Why would i want to go to Dubbo...crap place.
If you thought it was a rip, why did you buy it then? It's not like you need a chocolate bar. Not really in the same category of clothing, food, and shelter.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GoT_SpIn said:
Ooo yeah, I love a good Boost Bar.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
If you thought it was a rip, why did you buy it then? It's not like you need a chocolate bar. Not really in the same category of clothing, food, and shelter.
I am sure chocolate is food though. But its very tasty, and sorry im not going to some bogan place just buy some extremely tasty chocolate.

Though...maybe if i could buy a box full.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Ooo yeah, I love a good Boost Bar.
Delicious arnt they.

Im also a big fan of the Flake, and the Cherry Ripe in occasional doses.

Time out is alright while Mars Bars will always remain the classic.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
andyc said:
Definitely. That said, it'd be a hard choice deciding between a Tim Tam and a Kit-Kat.
Before making such a decision I'd have to be informed of the morality of the average Tim Tam...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Before making such a decision I'd have to be informed of the morality of the average Tim Tam...
Whats with this crusade on chocolate.

Now that you mention it, Tim Tams are quite nice. Shame they are only in big packs, they should make it bigger and sell it solo.