• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Food Glorious Food

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
So what gourmet delights do you like to take to the cricket? Do you rely on buying food at the gound or do you take something special?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
armchairumpire said:
So what gourmet delights do you like to take to the cricket? Do you rely on buying food at the gound or do you take something special?
I'm a lazy guy. I don't like to get up from my seat at all during live cricket. Hence, I've trained my bladder to respond to my will rather than its own notions.

That said, I don't generally carry food to the cricket. I get people to go buy it for me.

Blaze

Banned
There is a Maccas and subway across the road from the Basin Reserve... I usually go there at lunch.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I rely on the crappy places inside the Basin Reserve so finish up with things like hotdogs, hot chips, fizzy drinks, all that sort of stuff.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
Well if you are like me - an ordinary ticket paying customer, the range of food is very limited and expensive. I've noticed that all the people round me at the SCG (Brewongle Stand) bring their own food. The two English fellows next to me at the Super Test had honey soy chicken wings, Goulash etc. My friend and I decided that we need to seriously lift our game.

I'd love to become a member at the SCG, and being the impatient soul that I am, I don't think I can wait 20 years for my membership to come up.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I realise late in the day that I am in fact quite hungry. But I do nothing about it.

archie mac

International Coach
If it is just me, or the kids and I, we have what ever is for sale at the ground.

If my wife comes we have sangas such as chicken, tuna, and/or salmon.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
At Taunton, we usually bring some sandwiches for lunch and pick up some good old fish and chips in the ground. Somerset's food isn't that bad actually.

At Lord's or the Oval, I've usually just packed enough food to last a long while, as the queues at the bar or restaurant are always really long. Usually just snack all day and then have a meal when I get home, or on the way home.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Take along sandwiches, cakes, biscuits, Kit-Kats, apples, oranges, carrots to a day/nighter... which doesn't last that long. My mate spends the whole time eating stuff out of his bag - my Dad says he'll have a full chicken dinner in there next time.

Oh, and don't forget the doughnuts. My Grandma bought 10 jam doughnuts for 10p the other day, only one left now... guess who ate them? 8-)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Swervy said:
but Corky no longer bowls for Derbyshire:laugh:
Ha! :laugh: I genuinely laughed out loud at that one.

As for food to the cricket it usually revolves around sausages: sandwiches if I'm feeling particularly energetic (one third with mustard, one third with ketchup, one third with brown sauce) or if I CBA I just fry up a load, bung 'em in a poly bag & bring a tub of mustard for dipping em in. Pork pies & Scotch eggs are winners too & a tub of coleslaw is handy.

Beer, obv (usually mainly for train journey down) & my mate Chris always brings some sloe gin. I can't abide neat gin, but with sloes it's surprisingly palatable.

howardj

International Coach
I have 4-6 toasted sandwiches before I go, which serves a dual purpose:

- soaks up the alcohol;

- means i dont have to buy $5 hot dogs.