• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Food Glorious Food

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Jungle Jumbo said:
When playing I prefer a Tracker Bar or Penguin at tea (usually pass on the eclairs at school), plus some top-notch H20 courtesy of the tap in my kitchen.

Which do you prefer Kweek - noot or chocolade?
Kokos to be fair

Autobahn

State 12th Man
So basically if it's a four-day game and you don't fancy the members area, bring your own food or attack the local chippy because catering for the public is non-existent

A one day match on the other hand, there's a good chance of good food in the ground?

Autobahn

State 12th Man
armchairumpire said:
Well if you are like me - an ordinary ticket paying customer, the range of food is very limited and expensive. I've noticed that all the people round me at the SCG (Brewongle Stand) bring their own food. The two English fellows next to me at the Super Test had honey soy chicken wings, Goulash etc. My friend and I decided that we need to seriously lift our game.

I'd love to become a member at the SCG, and being the impatient soul that I am, I don't think I can wait 20 years for my membership to come up.
Goulash? Did have like a giant steaming pot or something?

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
Autobahn said:
Goulash? Did have like a giant steaming pot or something?
While I didn't want to spend too much time looking longingly and enviously at the blokes next to me (only for the food), yes they had one of those wide mouthed thermos thingys that they had the goulash in. One of the pair then went and bought a glass of red for each of them and they sat there happliy eating their feast.

Must go, think it's goulash for dinner tonight! Maybe even a glass of Hunter Valley red as well.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
If they're rugby players in the Andes, then each other.
My boss thinks I'm a loony because I'm giggling my silly head off whilst looking at a (he thinks) spreadsheet of roulette table bet limits.

If I get fired it's your fault, Volty.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I never buy at the SCG, way too expensive.

Usually take along quite a few sandwiches to get through the day. Ham, cheese, and tomato always goes down well. Also, some pieces of fruit are always consumed. And not forgetting, 5 bottles of water (only until I'm 18 though).

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
I never buy at the SCG, way too expensive.

Usually take along quite a few sandwiches to get through the day. Ham, cheese, and tomato always goes down well. Also, some pieces of fruit are always consumed. And not forgetting, 5 bottles of water (only until I'm 18 though).
yeah SCG is so expensive, I think some guy stole some money for me. $17 for a burger, coke and mars bar-

think thats a little excessive...I think the cashier person made a mistake and i didnt saying anything...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
GoT_SpIn said:
yeah SCG is so expensive, I think some guy stole some money for me. $17 for a burger, coke and mars bar-

think thats a little excessive...I think the cashier person made a mistake and i didnt saying anything...
It's not that expensive. You got done.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
It's not that expensive. You got done.
yeah im fairly sure i was , i think Burgers are $5 with Cokes being around $3 nd then Mars bars a couple dollars.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
GoT_SpIn said:

Maybe not. I was charged $8 at the SCG a couple of years ago for a 4 finger Kit Kat and a horrible coffee. Have gone back to bringing my own thermos of plunger coffee and buying a Kit kat at the supermarket. Also bottles of water were over $3. Can buy down the road for $1.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
armchairumpire said:
Maybe not. I was charged $8 at the SCG a couple of years ago for a 4 finger Kit Kat and a horrible coffee. Have gone back to bringing my own thermos of plunger coffee and buying a Kit kat at the supermarket. Also bottles of water were over $3. Can buy down the road for $1.
ONE is mass murder.

You must be worse than Harold Shipman.