• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Food Glorious Food

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The members area in the Oval usually have some nice food, been treated to quite a few nice meals there in my time. But if I’m only going to the Oval to catch a tan (minus a G/F), then I make myself a protein shake and a dry chicken or turkey sandwich, the food for Joe Public at the Oval is vile unless you keen on Pterodactyl meat.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TT Boy said:
The members area in the Oval usually have some nice food, been treated to quite a few nice meals there in my time. But if I’m only going to the Oval to catch a tan (minus a G/F), then I make myself a protein shake and a dry chicken or turkey sandwich, the food for Joe Public at the Oval is vile unless you keen on Pterodactyl meat.
Mmm. Treat yourself why don't you. :D

sideshowtim

Banned
I usually get something to eat just before I go in -- usually fill up on Maccas and then I only get hungry towards the end of the day where I'll buy something at the ground. Not a big fan of taking my own food.

PY

International Coach
Swervy said:
but Corky no longer bowls for Derbyshire:laugh:
:laugh:

That's quality.

I went for liquid lunch last time I went to a cricket match. Though usually burger & chips with certainty of snackage throughout the day.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Mmm. Treat yourself why don't you. :D
:laugh: It’s actually not that bad, Strawberry flavour milk shake, 100% chicken nice brown loaf I’ve had worse, try getting some decent food in Bosnia or Cuba for that matter. It’s like Christmas when you go into the local supermarket and they have SPAM which is only five years out of date.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Durham's food is great. The Members area has a nice selection of meals and snacks and I tend to get something from there most days Im there. Away fans always say how nice it is. There is a "posh" little cafe/resturant but I never go in there. i dont think anybody who goes to the ground for the Cricket does!

Usually though I have my backpack with a sandwich or two, maybe a sausage roll as well as a flask on cold days and plenty of water and fizzy drinks. Few bars of chocolate dont go amiss.

But given an exciting game I can easily go the day without eating...I just dont realise

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Wow, this really is a good thread. Nobodies made this before!
I normally bring my own minties, coke, fantales and just pig out. It's the cricket, it's supposed to be cheep and nasty (yet oh-so wholesome).

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Oh nice thread i must say... I generally don't take food from home, it takes a while to get to the ground, so i buy most of the food there.. although i know i will be getting ripped off!!

JPLCCC

Cricket Spectator
At Lancs, me and the father take our own food - it never gets eaten though, since mum always gives us enough for a test match, staying in the ground overnight - even though it's 20/20...

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
My Grandad who usually goes with me takes a big bag......rubbed my hands the first time I went with him when I was 16 (now 20) as I thought, him being a cake-fan, it would be full of every cake under the sun. You can imagine my dissapointment when I realised all he had in there was a massive coat

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
armchairumpire said:
Now that sounds more like it! You're obviously feeling better luckyeddie. What sort of pies?
Much better, thanks.

On Thursday the nurse came around on the ward taking orders for lunch - said "We've got 8 choices today - there's steak and kidney pie and..." - she never got another word out before I'd decided that was something I couldn't live without. It was offally good too.

And that's the answer to your query too - the snake and pygmy pies are great.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
well ive been to Lords ones, and I had 10 pound with me, had some nice sandwiches and something to drink was oke.
When I dont have to play myself and our 1st team is playing home, I usually work behind the bar, and then eat with the teams, so that quality food :D
and when im hungry I take cheese on toast(melted cheese ofcourse)
all for free ofcourse as I work, so its nice.
when im playing I take some drinks with me, when im thursty and batting, or just randomly bored.
and some Btweens! very important that, It gets me up the order in my team too :D

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
When playing I prefer a Tracker Bar or Penguin at tea (usually pass on the eclairs at school), plus some top-notch H20 courtesy of the tap in my kitchen.

Which do you prefer Kweek - noot or chocolade?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jungle Jumbo said:
When playing I prefer a Tracker Bar or Penguin at tea (usually pass on the eclairs at school), plus some top-notch H20 courtesy of the tap in my kitchen.

Which do you prefer Kweek - noot or chocolade?
In a couple of seasons time, why not see if you can get through a polar bear?