Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Ever Fielding XI

Herschelle Gibbs????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

So far as I'm aware Ponting never dropped a world cup whilst showboating.

In a "fielding" team, you would pick the best keeper, not the best batsman/keeper. Hence Tallon. I understand people not wanting to select players they've not seen, but if that doesn't apply, then he's an easy selection. Bradman nominated him the best keeper he ever played with/against, and the best he saw. I could go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    There's other contenders to Tallon. Just because Bradman says that Tallon was the best doesn't mean he was. Bob Taylor and Ian Healy stand out as obvious rivals.

I agree that the selection of Herschelle Gibbs is absurd though, especially at the expense of the likes of Ponting.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    There's other contenders to Tallon. Just because Bradman says that Tallon was the best doesn't mean he was. Bob Taylor and Ian Healy stand out as obvious rivals.

I agree that the selection of Herschelle Gibbs is absurd though, especially at the expense of the likes of Ponting.
    Fair enough. Tallon is my pick, and Bradman's judgement was agreed upon by many of Tallon's othe contemporaries, but certainly there are other great candidates like Taylor.

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    Herschelle Gibbs????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

So far as I'm aware Ponting never dropped a world cup whilst showboating.

In a "fielding" team, you would pick the best keeper, not the best batsman/keeper. Hence Tallon. I understand people not wanting to select players they've not seen, but if that doesn't apply, then he's an easy selection. Bradman nominated him the best keeper he ever played with/against, and the best he saw. I could go on.

I've also seen Gibbs take some unbelievable reflex catches and some awesome ground-fielding. In the 90s, he was not very far from Rhodes in terms of runs-saving and plucking things outta thin air.

But if we are talking best keeper, i would go for Bob Taylor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information