• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top three bowling attack in the test cricket.

HowsThat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Which three teams would you say have the best bowling attack in test cricket right now?
Considering its mainly the bowlers then win test matches for a team, i would like to know which teams are rated highly in that department.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In no particular order and at full strength, IMO: Australia, England and South Africa/New Zealand

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
benchmark00 said:
In no particular order and at full strength, IMO: Australia, England and South Africa/New Zealand
Definitely not New Zealand. They've really only got Bond. I'd go Australia, England, South Africa. India not far behind, depending on the conditions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia, England and then probably South Africa, but I want to see more of Asif and Akhtar bowling in tandem in the future, because with them and Kaneria Pakistan are also a contender.

benchmark00

andyc said:
Definitely not New Zealand. They've really only got Bond. I'd go Australia, England, South Africa. India not far behind, depending on the conditions.
They've only got Bond, hey Andy?

Dan's a shocker isn't he? And Mills has been terrible lately hasnt he.

oz_fan

International Regular
1. Australia - best leg spinner of all time (Warne), strong opening pair (Lee, McGrath), experienced, proven attack and lots of quality back up options (MacGill, Gillespie, Clark, Bracken, Cullen)
2. England - amazing quartet of quicks but lack a quality spin option.
3. South Africa - wicket takers (Nel, Ntini) and economical (Pollock). Have the best fast bowler in tests at the moment (Ntini). Lack a good spinner. Not many good back up options apart from Steyn.

This would be followed by Pakistan, India, NZ, SL, WI

adharcric

International Coach
Pakistan could compete with the Aussie and England attack once they have Akhtar and Asif bowling in tandem.

Really, I can see Asif becoming the next McGrath.

Swervy

International Captain
I think India could have a very good bowling line up in the next few years, if Munaf and Sreesanth develop further

benchmark00

adharcric said:
Pakistan could compete with the Aussie and England attack once they have Akhtar and Asif bowling in tandem.

Really, I can see Asif becoming the next McGrath.

Pffft, Asif that will happen...

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Its a shame that England doesn't have a match winning spinner, otherwise England attack would have been the best in the world, even better than Australia.

As far as quality reserves are concerned, England certainly are ahead of others.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Swervy said:
I think India could have a very good bowling line up in the next few years, if Munaf and Sreesanth develop further
Munaf is a definate potential, will be among the top bowlers in a couple of years time.Sreesanth is impressive too.

Pathan is an enigma, not sure where he's heading, he occasionaly does put up a good display but often dissapoints in test matches.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Australia, England, Pakistan. In that order.

Outside of the top three I'd say South Africa, India, New Zealand, West Indies, Bangladesh.