• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Domestic cricket goes live on FOX SPORTS

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
I'm still fuming over losing the Footy Channel next season.
It'd all depend on whether Fox gets involved in the AFL rights deal with 7 and 10 in the end. They'll be looking to sub-lease games out, and if Fox are interested they may well maintain the channel. Otherwise, it'd naturally fall by the wayside.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
It'd all depend on whether Fox gets involved in the AFL rights deal with 7 and 10 in the end. They'll be looking to sub-lease games out, and if Fox are interested they may well maintain the channel. Otherwise, it'd naturally fall by the wayside.
from what i heard FFC wont exist simply because there will be hardly any use for it, under the new deal with 7 and 10 every single game will be on FTA within 2 hours of it being started...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Rumour I heard was that there is to be the establishment of a "Fox Sports 3" where it will be virtually Fox Footy Channel in Winter, and then dedicated to Cricket in Summer. Which I doubt because cricket occurs all year round, so I'd imagine they'd be showing some cricket during the footy season, as well as someone mentioned that Fox Sports isn't like owned by Foxtel, they're subcontractors or something like that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
Rumour I heard was that there is to be the establishment of a "Fox Sports 3" where it will be virtually Fox Footy Channel in Winter, and then dedicated to Cricket in Summer. Which I doubt because cricket occurs all year round, so I'd imagine they'd be showing some cricket during the footy season, as well as someone mentioned that Fox Sports isn't like owned by Foxtel, they're subcontractors or something like that.
Yeah I read that too.

Sounds good, best of both worlds. As long as it still has great shows like White Line Fever and Saturday Central (and lets not forget The Gospel) then I'll be happy.