• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

buying spikes

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
iv never worn spikes before ,last season i slipped quite badley on a wet out feild so iv decided to buy them for this season ,whats the best foer a bowler i mean spikes all over or just on the front or back

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Are you a pace bowler or a spinner? If you're a spinner, I'd suggest half and half. Otherwise, I'm sure most pacemen would recommend full spikes.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
pace bowler,iv never got them before because i felt thta i wont be able to run freely with them on ,but every one has got them so it cant be that bad

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Yup, I'm a spinner and I have full spikes. Actually this reminds me, some need replacing. ATM I've got three random rubbers in.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Full spikes, if you get half spikes you'll go **** up when you hit the crease.

Asics are a good shoe...I've always had trouble with the Puma's falling to pieces.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Latest pairs of Pumas have hurt my feet, before then they've been pretty good. Everyone who has Asics seems to love them, otherwise take in a pair of runners and get spikes put on the bottom of them. Pretty expensive though.

I wanna do it with a pair of volleys, just to hear the sledging when you come out to bat with volleys on.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vic_orthdox said:
Latest pairs of Pumas have hurt my feet, before then they've been pretty good. Everyone who has Asics seems to love them, otherwise take in a pair of runners and get spikes put on the bottom of them. Pretty expensive though.

I wanna do it with a pair of volleys, just to hear the sledging when you come out to bat with volleys on.

If you went with the volleys you'd have to be the coolest player on the face of the planet! haha

I'd hate to try and bowl 20-odd overs in them though, they're heavy buggers.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PAKMAN said:
iv never worn spikes before ,last season i slipped quite badley on a wet out feild so iv decided to buy them for this season ,whats the best foer a bowler i mean spikes all over or just on the front or back
Have separate spikes for batting and bowling.

Full spikes for bowling. Half spikes (not on heel) are okay for batting.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
SJS said:
Have separate spikes for batting and bowling.

Full spikes for bowling. Half spikes (not on heel) are okay for batting.
To be fair, sometimes finances can dictate otherwise. If you are a pace bowler, precedence should be put on the full spikes, and if you want another pair for batting, go the half spike.

I've never used anything other than full spikes, and I've never really found them to be a hindrance to batting.